Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My problem with keys.

I have a huge problem with keys. I am always loosing them.

I can usually keep track of my house keys and the key to our little car but often loose the key to our van.

Yesterday before Steve left for work he said to me do you know where your keys are? I went and looked at all the usual places that I keep them and they weren't there. (blush blush).

He gave me his set and I used them.

Last night we were going to go to Mass. I got tea all ready and the children all ready so we all piled into the car. Steve says to me where are my keys? I say they are on our cupboard. He comes into the house to look for them and they are not there. I cannot remember what I have done with them so we miss out on Mass. I serve tea up and we clean up. I look and look for the keys and still cannot find them. I go to bed and pray to St. Anthony please please I need the keys to take the children to school tomorrow morning. Help me to remember where I put them.

I get up this morning and still have no idea where the keys are. I ring a friend to see if she can take 3 of our children to school. She is able to so I get everyone ready and think I will look again for the keys when I get home. Just before my friend shows up to pick up the children Madeline goes out to the little car. There in a little compartment are my keys to the van. She runs in and says look look I found them. I remember that I had to take Daniel to work soon after we got back from school and was probably still holding onto the keys but didn't need them. So one set of keys is found and the other one is still missing.

I need suggestions. Do any of you loose keys or other important things regularly? Have any of you had this problem in the past and found a solution to your problem?

I have the house key and little car key on a key ring but the van car key is so big and bulky and has nothing on it to put it on a key ring. I keep my house key on a key ring holder and when I remember I put the van key on the shelf above the holder. I probably remember to put the big car key there 7 out of 10 times so about two or three times a week I have to look for car keys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Therese

9 comments:

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

iam really tired an made alot of typos. i deleted them. i meant to say, put the keys on a ring, and attach them to your belt look if possible, if not possible, attach them to a cupboard door out of reach of the kids, and or attach them to anywhere out of reach again, but someplace you frequent so that you know where they are at all times. then you wont forget.

Therese said...

Thanks Marilena. Only problem is I don't have a key ring that I can put them on. Like I said probably 7 out of 10 times I remember to walk straight into our bedroom and put the keys on the cupboard above the key chain. Three times out of ten I forget and put them down whereever I am. Sometimes the baby takes them and other times he doesn't. Maybe I need a big note to remind me go and put your keys away.

Michele said...

put em on a bulletin board:)

Leslie said...

I hang my purse, keys, and nametag (for work) on a big hook right beside the front door. It's the first thing I do when I come inside. Could you rig up something by your front door? Then you wouldn't have to remember to walk all the way to your bedroom. You could also maybe make a small drawstring bag for the big car key (or all your keys) and hang that on the hook, if you can't put them all on a keyring.

paramedicgirl said...

Therese, I used to be famous for losing my keys. I also used to leave my purse behind sometimes. my husband came up with a simple but brilliant idea that has never failed to work. He told me to always leave my keys in my purse, no exceptions. That way, I always have both of them in the same place. I never leave my purse behind now, because my car keys are in it! And I never lose my keys, because they are always in my purse!

Therese said...

Thanks pmg and Leslie. Both ideas are great. Yesterday I put the big key in my purse when it was found because we were heading out the door. There is a space by the front door that we can put a key holder. Making a drawstring bag is a great idea to have them in.

Thanks
Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.