Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Simple Womens Daybook.


For Today 27th January 2009.

Outside my window...It is already getting hot. Heading to 43 (107) today.

I am thinking...about taking the children to the pool at some stage today.

I am thankful for...18 years of marriage and a loving husband.

From the learning rooms...school starts this week so getting all our curriculum ready.

From the kitchen...I need to get the cooktop fixed.

I am wearing...my favourite purple nightie.

I am creating...a new daily routine.

I am going...food shopping, to the high school and the pool.

I am reading...Newsflash by Teresa Tomeo.

I am hoping...that Tom and Amelia have a great time on the One and All.

I am hearing...The television.

Around the house...The children are all getting ready for their day.

One of my favorite things...meeting other mum's online and reading their blogs.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Start home school, go to Adelaide, sew some more shorts for Tom and Christopher.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Amelia in her new dress

Pop over To Peggy's for more daybooks.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

As I was commenting to my husband how hot it is by you, Peter, my oldest said, "Boy, Mom! That's hot! She needs to drink a LOT of water!"

I love Amelia's dress! Did you make it?

Therese said...

lol I will drink lots of water today.

Yes I did make Amelia's dress. She actually likes wearing that one. Some I have made and she has said oh I don't really like this one.

Anonymous said...

...and I sit here wondering if the temp outside will get above freezing ;-) The very thought of submerging my body in water makes me shiver all over! LOL I am wearing about 4 layers.
ENJOY the warmth!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Therese - thanks for the suggestion of a video in my comment section. I think I will look for the video and buy several copies.

Therese said...

De'Etta,

Here is a link to the trailer for Demographic Winter

Lisa said...

Therese ~ I'll take 50 of those degrees, if you want to get rid of them. &:o) It was a grand total of 7 degrees (c) here today, with a
-9 wind chill. Agh!

Amelia's dress is adorable and looks so cool!

Nancy said...

107 degress!!! Oh my gosh! And I thought it got hot here in Florida!!! Do you have air conditioning????
Your Amelia sure is a cutie!!!

Therese said...

Lisa,

you can have 20 of our degrees. I like temps in the 80's.

Nancy,

We most certainly do have air conditioning. I just put it on so it should stay cool here all day.

Tracy said...

what a lovely day book!!

David M said...

It has even got to 41 degrees, down here in Adelaide! I had a job interview and feeling hot and sweaty didn't help with the nerves. I think I did well, so I will wait and see.

Therese said...

prayers David.

Laura O in AK said...

It always amazes me to think that some are experiencing what we think of as summer weather while those of us in the US are in winter mode. Snow is on the ground here.

Therese, I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award on my blog:

http://daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/another-blog-award-for-me.html

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.