Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick 7.

---1---

Sick.

For the last couple of days I have woken up with an ear ache. I have been feeling really cold and my energy levels have been really low. Hopefully I will shake this soon.

---2---

scrabble.

I have been playing scrabble with a friend on facebook. In the last game I played, I was able to use all 7 letters twice. When you use all 7 letters, there is a bonus of 50 points. Even with these bonus points, I only just won the game. If I hadn't have come up with these words, I would have been seriously creamed.

---3---

Pumpkin Soup.

Today Tom is making pumpkin soup for us. One of my favourite things to do in winter is sit by a warm fire with a cup of warm soup in a mug.

---4---

First Communion.

It is two weeks till Tom makes his first communion. His God parents and 4 of their children will be staying with us for the weekend. My mother and Steve's mother will come down too. I have started planning our menu and will be preparing food to freeze this week and next week. I was going to do most of it today but really need to shake this cold before I start such a big task.

---5---

Home schooling.

Last Wednesday we did our morning subjects (Religion, Maths, Spelling, Reading) and then headed over to Boleroo to see Bill and Linda.
We had a fun afternoon catching up. It is good to spend time with other home schooling families.

---6---

Diabetes

We saw the boys Endocrinologist on the Friday before yesterday. Tom had a lot of changes made to his pump since his bsl have been a bit high. We seem to be on the right track to getting him in range.

Christopher is going really well on insulin. We did have to cut back a half a unit of insulin because he was having a few lows. I am seeing a few higher numbers in the evenings but none so high that we are concerned. He seems to be a changed boy since starting the insulin and I am glad we did it.

---7---

Slow cooker.

I bought a new slow cooker a couple of weeks ago. We have been doing lots of casseroles and soups in it. I have got dishes out of the freezer and left them in the fridge for 24 hours then move them to the slow cooker. Usually I have the slow cooker on low and heat the meal for 4-5 hours. It fills the house with lots of delicious smells.

Pop over to Jennifer's for other Quick 7


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Praying that you recover quickly from your cold and that your son has a beautiful First Communion.

Alexandra said...

Feel better!

Sharon said...

Hello, Therese! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Congrats on your son's first communion; I hope you're feeling better long before then! :)

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Therese, I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well, I hope your feeling better soon.
I just love my slow cooker, it's the best friend in the kitchen at the moment!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
I love using my slow cooker, as it simply cooks while we are studying.

I hope that you are feeling much better now.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Therese said...

Hi Jillian,

I am much better now. Steve is pretty sick though and is going to the doctor this morning. If you could pass a prayer for him, I would be most grateful.

Thanks
Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.