Monday, June 07, 2010

4 months old today.


Today Joseph turns 4 months old. It has been a crazy 4 months but great. I wouldn't swap this new blessing in our lives for anything.

Since Joseph has been a part of our family, I have felt a bit overwhelmed at times. There is so much I want to do in a day and having a baby in the house makes some of these expectations impractical.

I have thought a lot about this and why I have such high expectations. I also have been thinking about how quickly my children seem to have grown up and know that now is the time to really embrace the wonder and joy of bringing up another child. It won't be long and Joseph will be more independent and not needing me as much as he does now.

Because of these things, I have decided to cut my Internet time right back. Most days we are busy with school and house work between 8am and 4 pm. I have decided that I really need to be off the Internet between these hours and helping the children more and doing my jobs that keep the house running smoothly.

I will still be updating my blog but it will be much less and I probably won't have enough time to visit as many blogs as I did before Joseph was born. I will miss many blogs and catching up with everyone but I really must do what is best for my family.

14 comments:

yofed said...

This is a very wise decision! I will try to keep track of your posts, but as you can see, I don't post too regularly myself ;)

Enjoy your little boy!

becomewhatyouare said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm tellin' ya, he gets cuter every day.

When I think about the internet, etc., I try to think about my duties like a "job"... if I had an "outside of the home job", I'd not be on the internet during the hours I owed my employer... Not saying I am terribly strict with myself about it, but I do keep it in mind so that I can do a better job with my priorities.

I've got you on my feed, so I'll know when you post and I'll keep watch for updates whether they are frequent or infrequent!

Munch on those chubby Joseph cheeks for me! :)

Anonymous said...

I will still keep track of you! You know where to find me!

He is just too cute!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I heartily agree with you. Will look forward to your posts. Know I'll be thinking about you often! Cathy

Tania said...

Completely understandable Therese, family is our number one priority.

Enjoy your time with them as they are only children for a very short time as you know.

Joseph is doing well and gets cuter by the minute.

Take care,

xTania

Laura O in AK said...

They definitely do grow up so quickly. My little guy hit the 7 month mark almost 2 weeks ago and I wonder where the time has gone.

Kudos on your decision to cut back your blog time. Just as a suggestion(or maybe a reminder), blogger lets you pre-publish. I just did that during a long nursing session yesterday. I got four days of posts done and set to go. Not that I have accomplished all I wanted to do today.

Enjoy your new little man and the older kids too :o)

Elisa said...

Good for you. I'll have to do the same in a few days when we move into our new (old) house and get into a good routine.

Maria said...

God bless your little boy! He is so beautiful. I look forward to continuing keeping up with your blog whenever you post.

Sarah Oldham said...

I am totally diggin' that. You rock! Gotta do what you gotta do, yeah? God bless you and your sweet family!!! And, I'm on FB more than my blog anyway . . . ;)

Judy said...

I'll miss reading your posts! I had to do the same after having #2. Too bad there isn't more time in the day. :)

mady jojjef said...

It is beautiful emotion which we cant describe in a words.. thank you for post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
I, too, have cut my internet time right back - Saturdays only. :)

Family time and the successful running of a home is just much more important. :D

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend,
Love Jillian ♥

Alexandra said...

Four months is the best! They are sleeping better and are at their sweetest. This is one of my favorite baby stages.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! What fun!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.