Friday, January 27, 2012

7 Quick Takes.


-1- 

Yesterday Steve and I celebrated 21 years of marriage. To celebrate, we went out for lunch to the Flinder's Hotel. It was a great day. We also asked all the children to come to Mass with us and they all did. I am so grateful to God for all our children and our faith which has made our marriage strong.

-2-

Today I took Tom, Amelia, Christopher and Joseph over to Booleroo Centre to visit Linda and Bill.  We picked up Christopher's spelling and maths curriculum and shared lunch. It was good to catch up with them both.

-3-

Tonight Steve and I are watching The Kings Speech. I have read a few reviews on this movie and I am looking forward to seeing it.

-4-

School starts on Monday and I am looking forward to getting back into routine again. This year, I am limiting our children to one extra curricula activity. Last year, many of them had two and life was just too busy. This is one of the actions I decided on since my word for the year is simplicity.

-5-

Another thing I want to do this year to keep it a bit more simple, is baking muffins and snacks and freezing them.

On my list of things to bake is:

Zucchini bread.

Pumpkin bread.

Date muffins.

-6-

My girlfriend's daughter has just been fitted with a halo devise. This is needed as she has Torticollis. I am going to make her some new tops that don't go over her head over the weekend. Please keep my friend Di and her family in your prayers. Especially Nicole.  


-7-


Joseph now has his date for his MRI. I will be taking him to Adelaide on the 24th of February for it. 


His walking is really improving with the AFO. When we first got it, he didn't like it at all and was even hiding it from me. We can see a great improvement though from persevering through with it. He even asks sometimes to have it on. 


Don't forget to visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more 7 quick takes. 


Have a great weekend. 


Therese. 

6 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! What a beautiful way to celebrate it, going to Mass with the family!!

I think that your idea of simplifying the home is an excellent one. I will follow suit! We've been eating a ton of cold cereal this past year or so...time for a change.

I am going to add your concerns to today's prayer intentions. May God's peace fill your day and your school year.

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Happy anniversary!

Alexandra said...

Happy anniversary!

Kelly Casanova said...

Happy Anniversary, I tried to leave a message on FB but something went wrong. It sounds like you've had a great week, and I hope the next goes smoothly too.
God bless

Linda said...

Hi Therese. Did you enjoy 'The King's Speech'? I got to see it while we were in Melbourne over Christmas - I was absolutely captivated - it's a marvellous movie.

Have a great week!

Therese said...

Hi Linda,

I did indeed enjoy the Kings Speech. I want to buy my own copy of it.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.