Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today it is time to look at all the good things in our life and give thanks to God for all he provides.

Firstly I am giving thanks for Joseph and the blessing he is to our family. Last week, he wanted to come out with me and I couldn't take him. I closed our screen door and locked it but he managed to get it opened.  I was reversing our car out the driveway and Christopher yelled stop. I hit the brakes and saw Joseph. It could have been catastrophic but thankfully it wasn't.

Next I am giving thanks for our Pope Benedict. I am thankful for his leadership and service to Jesus. Hope he has a long and happy retirement.

In this time of lent, I become more mindful of all the blessings we have in our life and all the material possessions we have. I am thinking about doing the 40 bags in 40 days challenge.  I have thought about doing it before but never got around to it. I think this year would be a good time to do it.

6 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What wonderful tranquility in rest!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! Cathy

Therese said...

Happy Valentines day to you too Cathy. He does look peaceful. We are very grateful that he is still here.

Erin said...

Oh Therese, my heart stood still!!!! I can't believe he undid the screen door! This is always my paranoia, I park cars so I don't have to back, have people watching when I do etc, oh my heart is still racing{{{}}}

Therese said...

Erin, it was such a shock to me to see him standing there. I don't think anything has ever scared me so much. We are making sure an older person is holding him and keeping him safe when we leave now.

Lola said...

I am so happy your Joseph had a guardian angel in his brother Christopher. Goodness.

Happy Birthday to Christopher!

Therese said...

Hi Lola,

Thanks for the reminder about Joseph's guardian angel. Christopher and his angel probably both saved him.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.