Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Why I support Dr. Faustman.

On the side of my blog I have a picture of Dr. Denise Faustman. If you click on the link, it takes you to her web page that is to fund raise for a cure for type one diabetes.

Here is a video that explains the type of research Dr. Faustman is doing:



Since seeing this video, I am convinced that with enough support behind her, Dr. Faustman is going to be the one to find a cure for us and for others with autoimmune diseases.  The reason I think this treatment will work is because it is targeting the bad white blood cells which attack the insulin producing islets and stop the islets from reproducing. Since this is the primary cause of type one diabetes, it is what we need to reverse in the body.

I have always been against embryonic stem cell research. This isn't just because it is the killing of another soul,  but because it just hasn't shown any promise at all. Since seeing Dr. Faustmans explanation of what happens with her treatment, I know that this is where we need to look for a cure. Any cell that produces some islets isn't solving the problem of this bad white blood cell which is still present in anyone with any autoimmune disease. 

5 comments:

Vicky said...

This looks so hopeful, Therese! You must feel excited about the possibility. I will add Dr. Faustman's work to my prayers.

I hope your term is going well.
God bless, Therese:-)

Michele said...

God bless her for her hard work! I sincerely wish someone would would find a cure for my auto-immune disease, lichen planus! unfortunately, they scientific community has no idea what causes it!

while its not contagious by any means, its one of the most annoying health conditions I've had. wishing it would go away is a pipe dream! I wish someone would work on finding a cure for it.

living with it is very difficult.
suffice it to say, and to add a little humor to it, its an itchy life!

Therese said...

Hi Vicky,

It is very hopeful and does indeed excite me. Thanks for your prayers for her work.

Hi Michele,

lichen planus sounds awful. DR. Faustmans work is targeting white blood cells that kill of islets so if her treatment is a way to a cure, it will help all autoimmune diseases, not just diabetes. Keep on praying and telling everyone about Dr. Faustmans research.

Leanne said...

Hi Therese,
I have tagged you in my fashion meme
leanne

Therese said...

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the tag. Will get onto this this week hopefully.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.