Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well, at least my floor is clean.

This morning I was running around doing the usual cleanup at home. When the children have gone to school the first thing I do is put washing on, take the breakfast dishes to the sink, make my bed and clean up the lounge dining room. I usually leave the dishes soaking in hot water till I do them later. I started filling up the sink and put all the dishes in then walked into the lounge/dining room and forgot all about the running water. Next thing I hear the water and think whats that? I run into the kitchen. The sink is overflowing into my drawers and onto the floor. Christopher is sitting on the ground with a huge grin on his face splashing in the water. I turned the taps of, pulled the drawers out and tried to get the plug out. The water was very hot and it took me a while. I tried to flick it up with a knife to begin with but when this didn't work I had to just put my hand in and pull it. My hand is ok thank goodness. Anyway, the water was all over the floor and now thanks to a seniors moment I have a clean floor. Thank goodness something good came from it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two good things came out of this. Christopher had fun playing in the water! I am glad your kitchen floor is clean. :)

Anonymous said...

You can mop floors with your broken arm??? Wow!
I'm glad your baby didn't get burned and that everything turned out okay.

Therese said...

well, I didn't mop it. I got down with my good arm and pushed the towels around. I Had a bit of water to soak up. Still, it is clean.

lowdenclear said...

Good stuff... But maybe try cleaning it a different way next time...

Therese said...

great idea ninja. Then I could forget all about it, go in, slip over and break my other elbow.

Anonymous said...

I asked my 15 yo to clean the bathroom a while ago. He did somethimng similar. He just misdirected the shower and sprayed everything with hot water. Then he was planning to just let it dry up while he could continue to play WOW.

I got quite mad at him...

Therese said...

I would have got mad too.

Anonymous said...

So here I am Therese, with a cup of coffee at the AussieCoffeeShop, and signing your blog. I hope you don't mind that I was rofl reading your latest entry....well, I'm glad your floor is clean now. :-)

Therese said...

I think I would have been roflol too if it had happened to someone else.

Anonymous said...

Where's today's post Therese?

Therese said...

I am away from home. I will post when I get home tonight.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.