Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My friend Di



Aussie Coffee Shop

I want to tell you all about my friend Di. I showed her my blog and ninja's blog on the weekend as we were staying with them.

She is a good friend. Every time we go to Adelaide (my home town) she puts our whole family up. That is Steve and I and our seven children. It is always great to stay with her. My girls especially like it. They get on well with Di's only daughter Nicole. Di also has two son's. They are Alexander and Matthew. Matthew and Sam get on well together and Alexander plays well with Tom and Amelia. When I went to the shops with Amelia and Alexander, they were holding hands and looked very cute together.

Steve gets on well with Di's husband Mark. They both like video games and reading. Mark got Steve hooked on Nintendo and if Steve hadn't played it at their house, I don't think he would have bought one.

And finally, of course Di and I get on well together. She is a really good friend. I know that I can rely on her and trust her. She is a very generous person and gives to others all the time.

We go camping together a lot and we will be going to Streaky Bay after Christmas this year. Looking forward to going there. The beaches are fantastic. The picture above is when we were camping at Melrose. That was a great trip.

Tell me about your friends.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I enjoy spending time with my sisters. Mary, Patty, and Betty stood up for me at my wedding. My sister Cathy's little boy was the ring bearer. When I was little my mom didn't like it when we fought. She would say we were lucky to have sisters and we should be best friends. (My mom only had a brother.) Now I can saw my mom was right. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun Therese! I really enjoyed reading your entry today. I am so thankful for my friends. As you know, I just spent last weekend in Dallas with one of my good friends. We had such a blast and our time together seemed too short. We met through our husbands. They used to work together when they were very young, single airmen many years ago - then they moved on to different bases. About 8 years ago, they wound up at the same base again, this time of course older and both married with children. Turns out they have twin boys the same age as our Sky. Three years later they had another son born at the same time our Emma was born (3 mos. apart). We all get along great and they're almost like family to us. We're always talking about how we can set up at least one of her sons to marry one of my daughters...

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.