Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting everything ready.

It is now less than two weeks till I take Tom to Adelaide and get his pump. I am looking forward to this. While we are in Adelaide I will start his homeschool programe.

This weekend I went to Linda's and Bill's place and got some resources for our homeschool.

The programmes I will be doing are:

Fitzroy reading

Essential spelling

Signpost Maths

Catch the sewing bug

I am also going to do some writing, science, cooking and teach the catechism. Steve is going to help me put together some work for this and maybe I will get a programme next year for them all.

For myself I got:

Design your own Classical Curriculum

I have had a flick through and it looks like there is a lot of good information in there.

Thanks to all the people that have given me many idea's and encouraged me in my efforts. I am really excited about starting this and spending more time with Tom. I am also looking forward to next year when I have him and Amelia at home.

I also want to thank Linda and Bill for their hospitality. It was great to finally meet. Your children were all very lovely and my children really enjoyed being with you. Brigette will be having a go at making the chocolate fudge sometime soon.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You've picked some nice curriculum, Therese. I have to say I am partial to DYOCC, as it's my "bible" for homeschooling. My copy is so worn it may be time for a new one.

Therese said...

Tell Bill that you want it for Christmas Dawn. I started reading year 2 curriculum last night.

Episcopollyanna said...

Therese, this all sounds very exciting and fun to boot! I love to learn new things and take on new projects. I think you're doing a wonderful thing here. God bless.

Therese said...

Thanks Lisa for the approval lol.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.