Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thanks for all your prayers.

I see so often that when ever I make a decision in life that is God's will for me that I start to doubt it always at some time. I am so aware that the devil will try to deceive us especially when we are coming closer to God.

When I first started thinking about homeschooling I was reflecting a lot on how doing God's will brings us closer to him. I remember reading the post at Paramedic Girl's blog a story about a soul in hell and thinking about her choices and the eternal consequences they had.

I remember praying at the time that I would always make the right choices and following God's will so that I didn't have to look back on my life and regret wrong decisions. I also had a couple of discussions with Steve about choices we had made in the past and how they had bought us closer to God. Some decisions seemed wrong sometimes but years on from them we can see that they were God's way of bringing us both closer to each other and to him.

I am also very aware that Satan doesn't want us to persue God's will and will always be trying to put doubt in our minds and trying to distract us from doing it. I know that I am guilty of thinking don't worry about going to mass today or you can leave confession until next week. I even have thought a couple of times that you don't want the priest to think you are too extreme.

The story about the soul in hell says that she thought about going to Mass that day and didn't. I made a consious decision when I read it, that I would make more effort to get to daily mass and to imerse myself in all the sacraments.

Anyway I am starting to believe that my doubts yesterday were not from God or God trying to say to me, no you have it wrong. I can look back today and see lots of God-instances when Steve and I first started talking about home schooling showing us that he did want us to persue it.

So thanks for all your prayers. The next month is going to bring a lot of changes about in our family so continued prayers for us all would be apreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will pray for your decision..i think both forms of schooling are good particularly if you have good Catholic Schools...

Michele said...

today is frank's baptism day! feel free to drop by my blog and leave a comment in the post i made about it.:)

xxxxxx said...

Will pray for you!

Its so funny! How God had arranged for us to homeschoool even though I wasn't keen on it....He removed a bad family situation in the family of origin otherwise I know they would have talked me out of it. It didn't *feel* right and we struggled but now it is clear as a bell....

How perfectly He arranges things! MArvelous! I could comtemplate that for a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Therese! I've just discovered your blog - how wonderful! I've recently begun blogging myself - you have a fantastic one going here, well done!

I look forward to chatting with you on the weekend, and I 'hope' I can help put some of your fears to rest - we in fact, have discovered that homeschooling can lead to having children who are much more able to relate to others - because they are not around people of their own age group most of the time, but are constantly surrounded by people of varying ages.

It is a 'debatable' issue, for sure, but one (after 10 years of homeschooling, and therefore I able to 'see' some results), that no longer is troubling to me.

God bless,

Linda.

Therese said...

Thanks LInda,

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I just have to say that with all the resourses I have found today here in Australia and the support blogs/groups I am now certain that Homeschooling is God's will for me. I am feeling so excited about it now.

God bless
Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.