Thursday, September 23, 2010

You know you have a baby in the house when............

........... you make all these plans for your day and only get half of them done.

........... you remember that you were going to do that later today but it still isn't done three days later.

.......... you start writing blog posts in your head while you are feeding your baby but cannot remember any of them when you finally get two free hands to write it.

......... Your hubby says have you done xyz yet and you have completely forgotten it.

I am sure there are many other things I could say about having a baby in the house but really it doesn't matter too much. We are enjoying him a lot and I know in the blink of an eye it will be over. I will have all the time in the world to post blog posts, read other blogs and do many of the other things I don't have time for now.

Tonight has been a rare night. I have feed the baby and he has got into his cot and is sleeping. Most nights, he wants to be held and cuddled and it is usually pretty late before I get him in his bed. So I have a small moment to write up a post and read some other posts. I am thankful for this moment to write.

PS: Now I remember that I told my blogging friend that I would see if someone could help her with getting her posts published in google readers. I went to her blog this morning since I haven't received any notifications and found that her blog is being updated but not going through to any readers. Can anyone help my friend Epsilon from All the little Epsilons?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex is a year and I still feel that way!

kee said...

Hello there! This post could have been written by me! I can identify with everything you say. Our little boy is a month old now and shares his name with your baby, although we use the Irish version, Iosaf.
His two older brothers are very fond of him and it adds greatly to my enjoyment of the baby to see their reaction to him.

Kelly Casanova said...

That is a very familiar scenario!
My little one now goes to bed early and has actually started sleeping most of the night through, so you have that to look forward to, just when it feels like it will never get any easier it does.
Keep up the good work.

Nancy said...

Boy, do I remember those baby days! I must admit that I miss them! I can't help your friend...but I will ask around to see if anybody else has any ideas!
How is the weather in Australia???

Kathryn said...

This is so funny. I can totally relate! :)

Aubrey said...

Amen on all points! I do this all the time--sit and think of a Quick Take or a post idea and completely forget it rather quickly. :)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.