Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap up.

Yesterday was the last day in the liturgical year. We start a new one today with the start of Advent.

The children have been asking all weekend when we can put up the Christmas tree. I decided we should have a Jesse Tree for Advent though and I think we will decorate it with purple tinsel. I was able to print off all the Jesse Tree symbols from King of Peace website. 

I had a very productive day yesterday and felt really good about everything I was able to get done.

Steve and I took Tom, Amelia, Christopher and Joseph to Mass and Adoration in the morning. I then did food shopping, put the shopping away and cooked. I cooked the chicken for Chicken fried rice and made the Satay Chicken pie filling.

I spent the afternoon sewing and then we went to Mass in the evening.

Last night Steve and I watched Toy Soldiers. I really enjoyed it. It was very different though to what I expected. If you want to see a trailer for it, go here.

Today has been quieter than yesterday was. I did a bit more sewing, took the children to the pool and went to the church to pray for a while since I missed my usual prayer hour on Thursday this week.

I hope you all had a great weekend too.

Therese.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Therese. We're doing a Jesse Tree as well - first time for us, and we're really enjoying it! We're using the one from Ann Voskamp's site, at: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/11/free-jesse-tree-advent-family-devotional/

It's a lovely book. Hope you are all well - talk to you soon,

Linda.

Lola said...

I'm going to put up my artificial tree tomorrow (Monday) and print off a set of these 'ornaments'.

No good intentions, just action this year.

God bless you Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.