Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tagged again.

Boy. It seems that every corner I turn these days I am getting tagged. I really like tags. It makes me think about myself and what I really am like.

Thanks to Shelly at Keeper of the Keys for this meme.

1. One book that changed your life: A Mothers Rule of life.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Agatha Christie's The big 4.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The pieta prayer book.

4. One book that made you laugh: Graham Crackers, Goloshes and God.

5. One book that made you cry: Flowers in the Attic.

6. One book that you wish had been written: A mothers guide to once a month cooking.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: The whole Flowers in the Attic series. I read them when I was a teen but would never let any of my teenagers read them. They just have too many immoral things happening without any consequences.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Create your own Classical Curriculum.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The same as Shelly, I have been meaning to read the Screwtape letters.

Now 5 people to tag.

Mark at Dominican Idaho.
Bon from Defenders of the Catholic Faith. You can answer here in my comments section.
Karin at Wife and mom of two.
Muddy Mama.
and finally:
Adrienne at Adrienne's Catholic Corner.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. One book that changed your life:The Diary of St. Faustina

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Scripture and Metaphysics by Matthew Levering.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Summa Theologica by Saint Thomas.

4. One book that made you laugh: Hmmmm. I can't recall any.

5. One book that made you cry: The Passion and Death of Jesus Christ by St. Alphonsus

6. One book that you wish had been written: How to Speak Australian. :)

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Richard Mcbrien's works.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Conta Arianos by St. Athanasius

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Our Savior and His Love for Us by Father Garriou-Lagrange


I will tag Kirsten.

Therese said...

hmm. I think there is a book that teaches you to speak Australian. It is called, Their a weird mob by Nino Calotta. I bet you could google it.

Michele said...

here are my answers therese:
book that changed my life? Divine Mercy in my soul
book that i have read more than once: The Holy Bible
One book you'd want on a deserted island: The Holy Bible
One book that made me laugh: Many books, hard to specify just one
One book that made me cry: The NT when Christ was crucified
One book I wish was written: A book about the life of Pope Leo XIII
One book that you are currently reading: Divine Mercy in My Soul,
True Devotion to Mary
One book you've been meaning to read: I've read all my books and am
waiting to buy The Story of a Soul

Episcopollyanna said...

Oh, that whole Flowers in the Attic series gives me the creeps when I think about it. I think all women about our age read those back then. I remember going to a friend's beach house with her family and we spent the whole time reading them. Ugh.

I'm going to have to do this on my blog - I'm way too crazy about books to avoid it. :)

EC Gefroh said...

Therese and Episcopollyanna, you are so right about the FITA series. I was hooked on them when I was younger but the content and theme is just plain sick!

Adrienne said...

It will be a bit before I can get to this. Spent the day getting a lady friend hooked up with Hospice. We are moving her Sat. to a retirement apartment. If she is lucky she will have one month there before we have to move her assisted living.

So, promise I will do it - hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for being patient and keep my friend in your prayers.

Therese said...

adding your friend to my rosary intentions Adrienne.

Shelly said...

OOOhhh, good one on the Pieta Prayer book. I Love that. i find myself always reaching for it in Adoration!! Very Powerful.

Adrienne said...

Just for you I broke my rule and posted something personal. Finally got around to doing this meme.

My post explains a bit about the delay.

AnchorMama said...

Therese, I did it! I finally did it! :) You are so patient.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.