Sunday, March 16, 2008

Preparing for Easter.

We have had a good week this week. Last weekend I was kept pretty busy doing our once a month cook. I have it all done now and won't need to cook main meals for another three weeks. I want to do a bit of baking though over this week and make some pumpkin damper, some Hot Cross Buns and some date muffins.

We have our friends Di and Mark coming with their children to stay for Easter. I want to have plenty of healthy snacks so that we don't overload on Chocolate too much. Tom and Amelia will be having quite a few cooking lessons to get all the goodies ready.

The school week went well this week and Tom and Amelia know our routine well now. This week I am going to make more effort to get to week day masses with them. I haven't gone nearly as much as I would have liked over lent.

As well as daily mass this week I am also giving up my computer time and spending more time in prayer. I will miss everyone but it won't be long and blogging will be on a daily basis once again. I will also catch up with all the wonderful blogs out there that I haven't read much over lent due to limiting time on computer. Comments are still welcome but I won't be moderating them till next Saturday.

I hope everyone has a blessed Holy Week.

Therese

3 comments:

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Have a good Holy Week. I think this is my favourite time of year-the final week to Easter Sunday and then the wonder of the Resurection.
All my home ed this week will be getting the children to learn more about these events. They did, after all, change the world

Marie said...

Therese:)

dropping by to wish you a Holy & Sacred Easter with your family:).

Peace to you:)

Marie xoxoxo

Michele said...

hello therese,

hope you and your lovely family had a great easter.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.