Friday, August 03, 2007

A favourite recipe.

Here is a recipe for some low fat muffins. This is one I do regularly. On Sunday I made 120 of these muffins and they were all gone by Wednesday.

So here is the recipe.

2 cups of dried fruit (I use mixed fruit, saltanas, dates or apricots).
2 cups of cold water.
2 teaspoons of bicarb soda
2 tblsp margarine
4 cups of self raising flour
2 cups of castor sugar
2 eggs.

Put the dried fruit and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes and take of heat. Allow to cool slightly and add bicarb soda and margarine. Sift the flour into the fruit mixture and add the beaten eggs and sugar. Mix to combine. Place in greased muffin trays. I use small muffin trays for this and get about 60-70 muffins from this recipe.

Place in an oven that has been preheated to 180 degrees. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling tray.

Enjoy. These are really nice warm.

3 comments:

Judy said...

This recipe sounds great. I wonder if I could use dried cranberries.

Therese said...

I have used any dried fruit. I haven't ever done them with cranberries but I think they would be ok. I did find when I used dried apricots and mangoes that I had to put them in the blender to get the flavour through the muffins and you may need to do this with the cranberries.

Therese said...

btw, they go in the blender after they have boiled.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.