As mentioned I have been tagged by my good friend Joakim to write about
- Three non fiction books everyone should read.
- Three fiction books everyone should read
- three authors everyone should read
- three books no one should read.
So here they are.
Three non fiction books everyone should read.
- The Bible. As one of the saints said: To be ignorant of the Scriptures is to be ignorant of Christ.
- Life Giving Love. Maybe not everyone should read this but I think every women that is either married or preparing to get married should.
- Story of a Soul. This book was so good I read it in a couple of days. I then made myself read it again more slowly and really pray through it. It really changed the way I looked at suffering and helped me to look at life with an eternal perspective.
Three Fiction books everyone should read.
- The big Four by Agatha Christie. I am a real mystery buff. I love mystery stories and movies. This book though stands out as one of the best I have ever read by Agatha Christie.
- The Trixie Belden series. Ok not a single book but a great series. This series is the first series I ever read and it was also a turning point for me as far as reading was concerned. I wasn't really interseted in reading before I read these. I remember saying to my younger sister what will we read when we have read all the Trixie Belden books and being a sister she said well you know Trixie Belden books are not the only books in the world. She was right but at that stage I wasn't interested in reading other books.
- Graham Crackers, Galoshes and God by Bernadette McCarver Snyder. This book may not be considered non fiction. Bernadettes tells little stories from her life and then finishes of with a little prayer. It was a quick read and really uplifting.
Three Authors everyone should read.
- Agatha Christie. One of the greatest authors imo.
- Mary Higgins Clark. I really enjoy her books too although once you have read a few you can usually pick who is the villian.
- Wilbur Smith. I have enjoyed every book I have read of his.
Three books no one should read.
- The Viginia Andrew's Flower's in the Attic series. I am ashamed to admit I enjoyed this series when I first read it. But since my reversion back to Catholicism I can see that many things that are wrong are potrayed as good.
- The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Not really bad but I thought it was way overrated. I made myself read the series thinking it must get better but never did. I think I read all four books. The last book I gave up about three quarters of the way through.
- I cannot think of a third book that no one can read. But you see if there is a book that no one should read, I don't usually finish it so I cannot add anything else to this meme.
So now I tag viking and Racheal. Looking forward to seeing your three.