Sunday, May 27, 2007

meme from Joakim.

As mentioned I have been tagged by my good friend Joakim to write about



  1. Three non fiction books everyone should read.

  2. Three fiction books everyone should read

  3. three authors everyone should read

  4. three books no one should read.

So here they are.


Three non fiction books everyone should read.



  1. The Bible. As one of the saints said: To be ignorant of the Scriptures is to be ignorant of Christ.

  2. Life Giving Love. Maybe not everyone should read this but I think every women that is either married or preparing to get married should.

  3. Story of a Soul. This book was so good I read it in a couple of days. I then made myself read it again more slowly and really pray through it. It really changed the way I looked at suffering and helped me to look at life with an eternal perspective.

Three Fiction books everyone should read.



  1. The big Four by Agatha Christie. I am a real mystery buff. I love mystery stories and movies. This book though stands out as one of the best I have ever read by Agatha Christie.

  2. The Trixie Belden series. Ok not a single book but a great series. This series is the first series I ever read and it was also a turning point for me as far as reading was concerned. I wasn't really interseted in reading before I read these. I remember saying to my younger sister what will we read when we have read all the Trixie Belden books and being a sister she said well you know Trixie Belden books are not the only books in the world. She was right but at that stage I wasn't interested in reading other books.

  3. Graham Crackers, Galoshes and God by Bernadette McCarver Snyder. This book may not be considered non fiction. Bernadettes tells little stories from her life and then finishes of with a little prayer. It was a quick read and really uplifting.

Three Authors everyone should read.



  1. Agatha Christie. One of the greatest authors imo.

  2. Mary Higgins Clark. I really enjoy her books too although once you have read a few you can usually pick who is the villian.

  3. Wilbur Smith. I have enjoyed every book I have read of his.

Three books no one should read.

  1. The Viginia Andrew's Flower's in the Attic series. I am ashamed to admit I enjoyed this series when I first read it. But since my reversion back to Catholicism I can see that many things that are wrong are potrayed as good.
  2. The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Not really bad but I thought it was way overrated. I made myself read the series thinking it must get better but never did. I think I read all four books. The last book I gave up about three quarters of the way through.
  3. I cannot think of a third book that no one can read. But you see if there is a book that no one should read, I don't usually finish it so I cannot add anything else to this meme.

    So now I tag viking and Racheal. Looking forward to seeing your three.

2 comments:

jj said...

Agatha is great. And I kind of like your number one non-fiction book too. ;-)

Cskaaren said...

cool. I'll do it too

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.