Saturday, October 17, 2009

Quick 7.


--1--

1st week of school.

We had ups and downs with the first week. On Tuesday morning Tom woke with high blood sugars and ketones. I decided to take him to the hospital just in case he got worse. He actually got better much quickly and we were home by 10.00am. It did interfere with our day though. Fortunately Steve was able to stay home and taught Amelia her morning lessons.

--2--

Big Cook.

I am doing our big cook this weekend. So far I have cooked the chickens for the spaghetti chicken and made three meals of Chicken Chow Mein. I realized last night at 7.30 that I hadn't got enough mince from the kangaroo mince store so I will have to wait to do our chilli till Monday.

--3--

Menu.

On the menu for this month:

Chicken Spaghetti.
Chicken Chow Mein.
Sausage Casserole.
Pasties.
Chilli Con Carne.
Pizza.
chicken schnitzels.
quiche.
Meatloaf.
stew.

If you want to know any of my recipes, let me know in the comment box and I will post it on Thursday for Therese's recipe swap.

--4--

Bored with our menu.

I shared with Erin from Seven Little Australians plus One that we are eating the same meals over and over. Erin is in the process of making up a spring menu.

Erin referred me to her other blog that has some links for some new meals.

Go and check it out because I have found some great recipes.

--5--

Pioneer Women's Cook book.

I want to buy this book. It is being released on Sam's Birthday so I am going to see if Fishpond have it that day.

I love Ree's blog and we have tried lots of good recipes from there.

--6--

Balloon Boy.

The news about the little 6 year old that was thought to go up in the balloon was on our radio yesterday morning. When the news came out that they thought it was a wild stunt planned by the parents, I was very concerned. I really hope it wasn't. Personally, I couldn't imagine a 6 year old hiding for 3 hours to pull of a stunt.

--7--

New Blog.

A friend of mine from DCF forums has started a new blog Called Off to the West.

Rachel is a prolific poster and her blog is most definitely worth checking out. Each time she posts, she posts about a blogging diva and I was very flattered to be one of them.

Go and check out her blog.

As always, don't forget to pop over the Jen's for other quick 7's.

12 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Congratulations on all your hard work, it is good to know that God sees all we do even if no one else does.
God bless

Sarah - Kala said...

I pre-ordered The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I ought to have it in my hot little hands by the first week of November. I just posted about making her simple sesame noodles . . . I'm in love with those. Yummers!

Did you say kangaroo? Do you use kangaroo meat then?

Therese said...

Yes I said kangaroo. We use their mince and fillets regularly. I never buy beef mince now and we haven't for years.

Kangaroo mince is about a third of the price of topside mince and it is much leaner.

Gae said...

Dear Therese,
I just can't imagine eating kangaroo mince. I am sure at least some of our children would object, especially as we have those cute little wallabies that are here so often.
I hope you get a better start to your week next week
God Bless

Anonymous said...

I got a horrified expression from my son's veggie girlfriend when I mentioned the rabbit stew I made t'other night. :)
Josh has high glucose all over the place at the mo thanks to the fact he has flu. Say a quick prayer for him. He really isn't well.
He had to cancel his flu jab as it was too late and I have mixed feelings as to whether being ill now is better for him than the jab.
What are your thoughts?

Michele said...

hello therese,

how do you participate in quick 7?
can you drop by the garden and tell me? thanks! God bless you!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to check some of these links! Kangaroo meat, huh? Interesting!

Thanks for your kind words yesterday-you are a must read as well!

Rachel said...

Mercy, Therese, that's a lulu of a week...hopefully, the coming one will be better.

And thanks for mentioning me! :-) Yeah, I'm prolific. If I can't be talking in person, I may as well be online, right? ;-)

I would looooove the PW cookbook. It will have to be a Christmas present. I just bought myself the Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader (Jan Karon's Mitford series is very good, btw). I found it at Blockbuster--MSRP was $29.95, I got it for $6. Free would have been better, but considering that I seriously thought about spending $30 on it? Yeahhhh.

I guess I will have to live vicariously through the rest of the world who gets the PWCB first, while I twiddle my thumbs and knit. LOL :-)

Lisa said...

That balloon story happened very close to our home. Before it finally landed, we were thinking we'd better start looking out for it to land in our backyard. Still wondering exactly what it was all about -- And concerned that anyone would pull a hoax like that -- Can you imagine! But we're all just so grateful that the poor little boy was ok, regardless.

On another topic -- I want to know about the chicken snitzels, Therese! I love your big cooks; I wish I were organized enough to do that!

SQUELLY said...

Glad Tom recovered quick! sounds like you are so busy - praying school goes well for you in the coming week

Therese said...

Shell,

I really don't like the flu vaccine. No one in this house has had it and I have heard some horrible stories about reactions that sound worse than getting the actual flu itself.

A couple of weeks ago, Christopher got sick and I ended up catching it. I started eating a lot of sauerkraut and got over the worst of it really quickly. Probotics of any kind will help your body fight any kind of flu.

If Josh cannot handle the taste (a lot of people cannot) there is things like yoghurt or any kind of lactofermented vegetable.

Therese said...

Lisa my chicken snitzel recipe Can be found here

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.