Sunday, January 06, 2013

3 children with diabetes.

On Saturday, Amelia said to me, I am so thirsty all the time. I decided to check her sugars and she was up at 32.3. I rang the WCH and they advised me to get her straight to the hospital. We got her there just in time. They found glucose and ketones in her blood and that they were climbing. She was started on insulin and turned around almost immediately.  If we had stayed home longer, she would have been more dehydrated and had higher ketones. Today she has moved onto the ward and we will get her insulin regime worked out before she comes home. I never thought we would have 3 children with it and I really hope none of our other children get it.

6 comments:

honey said...

Therese, I will keep Amelia in my prayers. God bless all of you.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your family. My 35 yr old daughter has had type 1 diabetes for 34 years. The regime these days is so much easier than it was then.

Kalona said...

Therese, I'm so sorry to read this. Praying for your family.

Sue Elvis said...

Therese,

So sorry to hear Amelia has diabetes too. I will keep you all in my prayers.

God bless!

Unknown said...

I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers at this difficult time!

Therese said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Today Amelia will come home and we will start looking after all three children with this dreaded disease. At least we know what is going on and how to look after them all.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.