Sunday, August 19, 2007

Five Saints for Dinner.

Leah has tagged me back.

"If you could invite your five favourite saints to dinner, what would you serve them to eat, and why?"

First course would be soup.

I would do two different ones. First would be pumpkin soup and second Potato and Leek. I choose these two soups because everyone who tastes them tells me how yummy they are.

Second course Main meal.

Again I would do two dishes. I like to do casseroles when we are entertaining. They can be prepared ahead of time and just reheated on the day.

First main dish would be a Lasagna. I would serve this because there is not many people that I know of that don't like it.

Second dish would be some vegetarian meal because you never know if someone isn't going to eat meat. I woul probably make Tuna Mornay. Easy to make ahead and again something I cook well.

I would also serve potatoes in cream sauce, cooked peas, honey carrots and cheese broccoli.

For dessert I would serve homemade Honeycomb Icecream. This would have to be the yummiest icecream I have ever tasted. I would also make sure that we had plenty and that I was sure to have some left over.


So I tag

All the dcf ladies

Madeline for her first meme

and

Muddy Mama for tagging me first.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I'm going to have to think about this question. It's too early in the morning for me right now though.

Your meal sounds yummy. Especially potatoes in cream sauce...recipe? Who are your five favorite saints that you would be serving? :)

Therese said...

My five Favourite saints:

1. St. Therese.
2. St. Elizabeth
3. St Thomas Moore.
4. St. Fransis De Sales
5. St. Gianna Berretta Molla.

Potatoes in cream sauce recipe:

peel and slice 5 large potatoes and 1 large onion.

Cook in microwave with a little water for 7 minutes.

Drain of water and pour over 250mls cream(we mix cream and milk for ours so it isn't so fatty)sprinkle with chicken stock and cheese. Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy.

Therese said...

oh yes. I forgot 250 mls is about 4 oz I think for you non metric people.

Anonymous said...

That sounds soooo good, and easy! I am going to try that sometime this week. We have an overabundance of potatoes right now!

Therese said...

ooops. Blondie, I didn't put enough cream down for that many potatoes. It should be 500mls (8oz).

lowdenclear said...

Excellent... Of course I have to point out that I'm afraid I don't like lasagne!!! (Well, I do like vegetable lasagne, but not the ordinary stuff) Then again, I'm just weird!!!

The best answer I have heard yet was from a Dominican priest friend of mine... He said he'd serve St Dominic some roast Albigensian... ;-)

Therese said...

Well I won't be on that table to eat at thanks.

jj said...

I'll be turning up for the left overs. :-)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.