Monday, August 27, 2007

Mothers Rule on Monday

Well I had a talk with Steve this morning. We are going to change our weekends around. I think I may have to change food shopping to Friday afternoon rather than leaving it till Saturday. Then I will only have to take Christopher and will not be saying no no no to every other thing the children ask for.

Saturday will be my baking day. I will prepare all the main meals for the weekend and bake muffins, quiches and pasties to go in the lunch boxes for the following week.

Sunday we will walk to Mass. After Mass we will have lunch together and I think we will start playing some games, doing a scrapbook with a page for each family member or going down to the park. We may even have a picnic with another family.

Thanks to those that gave suggestions for making the day a Lords day. Suggestions are still welcome. I would love to hear about how other families spend their Sundays.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no way I would want to interfere with your rule, Therese. I just wanted to share that Nick shops for our groceries either on Friday night or Saturday. He usually goes without the kids (sometimes he takes one child, for a treat).

But that's just us. I've never fancied doing the groceries with all the kids, but then, Mum rarely took us, either.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think your plans for Sunday are wonderful!

Therese said...

lol. Does Nick get everything you need? I find when Steve does the food shopping he fogets a lot of things. If he cannot find something on my list he doesn't ask anyone either. Everytime he does the shopping I go back for more things.

Michelle said...

Therese, since I do most of the food shopping, my husband runs errands for me (he's much more efficient at that than grocery shoppping).

On Sundays my husband and I usually make a BIG breakfast....eggs, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, etc. We try and have a *feast* to remind us every Sunday is a *Little Easter.*

Therese said...

We have spoken often about celebrating the resurection every Sunday Michelle. I will do something special to eat for lunch I think.

Christine said...

What exactly is a pasty? I don't want to remain ignorant of what they are. :-)

Therese said...

pasties are puff pastry with grated carrot, potato and pasnip inside.

Anonymous said...

Does Nick get everything you need?

Actually, he's much more competent than I am! We do have differences of perception about what's important, but when I go shopping, I tend to forget to put stuff on the list anyway - so there'd be no gain in me doing it.

But in general, wives probably are more reliable with the groceries.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.