Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hearts for Home.


Hearts for home is a weekly meme hosted by Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home.

Gae writes:

In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

Here is my list for the week:

1: Reading each day with Tom, Amelia and Christopher. We get so wrapped up in the day to day running that I don't take enough time for this.

2: doing the washing every morning and not leaving it till the afternoon.

3: Going out with Steve for a coffee on our own.

4: checking on the children's jobs and giving them guidance without shouting when they have not done them properly.

5: Making some pumpkin choc chip muffins and pumpkin bread from the pumpkin that I puree.

7 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

OH boy! Perhaps you could take one or two of those delicious muffins with you when you go for coffee, ha ha!!

I especially like your goal in #4...thank you for the inspiration.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

UMMMM~ Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and hot tea! Sounds soooo good! Cathy

Tracy said...

That is beautiful. I totally agree we don't get the support to 'just' be a mum. I read a great article on the Apron ministry and I found that really inspiring. If i find the link I'll send it to you.

Tracy said...

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/apronevangelism.htm

I found it :)

Therese said...

Thanks Tracy. I will have to read it tomorrow though. I need to go to bed now.

Gae said...

Dear Therese,
Why is it we find it so hard to find time to read, I certainly can't work it out.

Wow going out for coffee. How often do you do that?

do you make pumpkin soup too. Great soup weather here at the moment.

God Bless

Therese said...

Gae,

Usually we aim for going out once a week without children. Most times it ends up being fortnightly though.

We have had a lot of pumpkin soup this winter.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.