Friday, September 30, 2011

Patron Saint Meme.

Thanks so much Leanne for tagging me for the Patron Saint Meme. 

When I first read the meme at Leanne's blog, I thought it was the same one I had done back in 2008. I went back and looked in my archives. I found that the meme I did in 2008 was a bit different. There was something in common with both meme's though.

They were both in August. I remember thinking I could post from the archives and do the meme on the same date as I had back in 2008. On that Monday I posted a Smart Martha Post but I didn't do the meme. I know I intended to do it that week, but from reading this post, I remember just how busy life got for us around the end of August and then the meme was forgotten.

My fist meme that I did on August 22 2008, can be found here.

That meme asked:

What picture would I use for my holy card, should I make it to sainthood, and of what cause(s) would I want to be patroness of?


The new meme asks

Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed, your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established, all that is required is select that of which Holy Mother Church will name you Patron(ess).For this meme, you must name your patronage and then tag 5 other people who would like to play along. Link your answer to your nominator's post.

 So back in 2008, I thought I could be the patroness for mothers that hated washing and that a photo my uncle had taken of me when I was about 8 or 9 could be my Holy Card



Now still in 2011, I think I still would want to be the patroness for mothers that hate washing. I still hate it just as much as I did back in 2008. I know that I need someone in Heaven praying for me that I can move that mountain of washing each day. I am probably more organised with my washing now though than I was then.

I am tagging the following 5 people for this meme:

Esther from A Catholic mom in Hawaii 
Easter from Passionate about life

(These two ladies were the ones that originally tagged me for the patron saint meme back in 2008. I wonder if they think their patronage should be the same now too).

Nancy from Be Not Afraid
Therese from The Musings of a mom.
Suzy from Scraps of Sunlight.

3 comments:

scraps of starlight said...

Thanks for the tag Therese!
I need some help with my washing pile too. I'm inclined to borrow your answer:)
Have a great weekend :)

EC Gefroh said...

I love your response Therese!! If I had to be one in that vein, it would be patroness for mothers that hate ironing ;-) I appreciate the tag. I think I did this one recently. I chose Patroness of pets/animals.

Vicky said...

I have a love-hate relationship with washing, Therese. I get a big feeling of satisfaction out of a pile of freshly folded washing but I hate it when it piles up - that's when I prefer to delegate!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.