Saturday, August 30, 2008

A fun day and a disaster in the Kitchen.

Today Bill and Linda had a wedding to attend in Port Augusta. Between the ceremony and reception, they came to our house for lunch and their 8 children stayed while they went to the reception.

It has been great having another family in the house. Lots of children means lots of hungry bellies to fill though so we made a huge pot of spaghetti for tea. I was quite surprised they were able to eat the whole lot. It was a nice sauce though.

I had my first cooking disaster in my kitchen today though. Today I decided to mix up a big batch of muffins. I forgot that the recipe needed 6 teaspoons of bi carb soda and started putting in tablespoons. I put in three tablespoons before I realized this is frothing up way too much when I had put in three tablespoons. This was just three teaspoons more than usual but enough extra that the muffins all rose a lot and then went flat. They also stuck like crazy to my non stick pans that had been sprayed with cooking oil. We ended up with ten trays of sticky muffins that we couldn't really get out. The muffins tasted okay but they were all in pieces. Oh well. I will have to make some more tomorrow and remember that it is 6 teaspoons, not 6 tablespoons.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Therese, I wouldn't call it a kitchen disaster if it was edible. I'm sure the kids didn't mind eating it.

I'll bet the kids had a blast with that many kids together in one house!

Shelly said...

That is so nice of you to keep their kids! That's a lot of kiddos in one house :o)

Sorry about your muffins. I just hate it when things happen like that! My #2dd made choc pudding once and put in 1/4 cup of salt in instead of 1/4 tsp. Yummmm.... ;)

Angie said...

I forgot to put sugar in a chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving. Luckily my family wasn't upset, but they sure did have a good laugh! ang

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.