Friday, August 01, 2008

Will the Real World please stand up.

Many of you probably recognise the title of my post. It is the opening chapter for the book, Please Don't drink the Holy Water.

Today I started reading this book and it looks like it is going to be a great read. I was really struck by the opening and the fact that this world is not the real world. It is a fallen world and the real world is Heaven.

Once I have finished the book, I will let you know my full impression of it. I am looking forward to reading it.

----------------------------------------------------

Please remember also this Friday to pray for the Unemployed. Easter from mostly prayers has asked us all to remember families especially every Friday. Since today is the First Friday of the month, lets all ask Mary to interceed for all families that are in need in our world.

4 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

That sounds like a great book, Therese! I may have to check it out.
God Bless,
Jane

Shelly said...

Well, it's just a hysterical read, Therese. Total Catholic comic relief!

Kimberly said...

I would love to hear what you think of this book. We should start a book exchange with our group of Catholic bloggers. I am sure we all have some good books we could share with one another.
Blessed be God and praying for the unemployed.
Kimberly

JMJ

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to buy this one! Let me know what you think of it - I may even borrow it from you.

God bless,

Linda.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.