Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last day of school.





By lunch time today we will be on holidays. I am looking forward to these holidays. My mother is coming for the first week and we are spending time with friends from Adelaide in the second week.

I am hoping to get a lot of summer sewing done these holidays. I want to make a couple of pairs of maternity pants for casual wear and a few more tops. I also have a dress pattern to make for church.

I am going to sew some sleeping bags and wraps for the baby too and do some shorts and shirts for Tom and Christopher.

Amelia wants a couple of dresses and needs a few 3/4 pants and tops for casual wear. The older girls want some new outfits too but they can sew their own with a little help.

I have finally finished unpicking the top that I didn't follow the instructions for. I will probably finish it off this afternoon as long as the children get their school work done by lunch time.

7 comments:

Katidids said...

Nice selection. I love kwik sew patterns too! Have you used them for the baby?

Therese said...

Katie,

Kwik sew patterns are my favourite ones. I need to get a few for baby. I do have a sleeping bag pattern I have done but the pattern was a bit complex and I have a much simpler one that is just as good.

grace said...

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
May the lord bless you and yours

Grace

Michele said...

ah the joys of sewing:D if i tried sewing, my hands would be stitched together:D

Katidids said...

Therese they bave a master pattern book of baby patterns, everything you need (if you can find it)

SQUELLY said...

Wow! Its amazing to be so handy with needle and thread...and the girls can pretty much do their own? Fantastic!

Alexandra said...

I know those are maternity patterns, but I love those gathered waists on the second patterns! Those look great on mums who have a few extra pounds. ;)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.