Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Pump Pocket.

Yesterday I was cutting out shorts for Tom and Christopher. One of my scrap pieces of fabric was a rectangle piece and I thought, this is probably a perfect size to make Tom a new pump pocket.

I decided to have a go of making it. I cut out a long piece to be the belt and then cut another piece for the flap to close the pouch.

This is what I came up with and I am very pleased with how it has turned out.



This is the front of the pouch with the belt though it.

I am going to put velcro on the belt for it to stay on his waist. I am also going to add some velcro to the flap to keep it down.

This is the back of the pouch. I put in some big button holes to thread the pouch though. The belt is a bit wider than the button holes but that is fine. I don't think the belt could be much thinner and fit the velcro on.

It was a bit of a learning experience also and I will do a couple of things differently when I make him another one.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

wonderful idea!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a good idea!!! Good for you! Cathy

grace said...

Wow! Well done.

John Michael said...

Eat your heart out Minimed! What an awesome job you did. I'm sure it was much more economical, too.

Regan

Katidids said...

Now that looks like something you could market! Momventions rock!

Therese said...

Regan,

To buy the belt and pouch here would cost us about $45.00. When I showed Steve and said better than spending 45.00, Madeline asked, how much did it cost you? I said half an hour of my time and some scrap fabric. I would have thrown all the pieces away except for the belt piece if I had not thought about doing the pouch.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.