Friday, March 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes.




-1-

VOIP and Naked Internet.

Today we changed over to Naked internet with Internode.

This is internet without a landline. It should save us about 25.00 a month of phone and internet costs.

-2-

Quiz Night.

Tonight Daniel and the two other pilgrims for WYD had a fundraiser to raise money for their trip to Spain in August. The organised a pasta quiz night. It was a fun night.

-3-

A cute photo of Joseph from the week.

These are the tubs I bought for our home school room. I was carrying Joseph when we put them in the trolley. He reached out for them so I put him in.

Brigette was with me and couldn't believe I stopped in the middle of the store to take a photo of him. I couldn't resist though.

-4-

Mission Statement.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have written up a mission statement. I have found that this has kept me more focused on what I want for our children and for Steve's and my marriage. It has also helped me to realise why I do all the things I do and what I hope to achieve from them all.

It has made the week much smoother and I have stayed more motivated in doing what needs to be done. I have also noticed that when I am on task more, the children are too.

-5-

10 things in 101 days.

I have 27 days to go till my time is up for 10 things in 101 days.

- So far I have sewn one top for me.

- sorted our home school books out.

- started re organising our kitchen.

- written up 2 menu plans.

- planned in my head another 10 things to do after this.

I better get a move on with the other 5.

-6-

Lent.

Remember the list I wrote about for the children and I to do? We did the list every day for the first 10 days but this week, we haven't done anything at all. I guess I focused on other things and forgot to pull a small sacrifice out of the box each day.

We have fallen but must get up from this. I am going to make sure we pull something out of our box tomorrow.

-7-

Euthanasia.

I got news tonight that in South Australia there will be another debate on Euthanasia. It was only a short time ago that a Euthanasia bill was defeated but still they just keep on coming up trying to get this legalised here.

Paul Russel has a great website that keeps everyone up to date with any kind of Euthanasia laws that are trying to get in and he lets people know when action needs to be taken.

Please pray for Paul's work and help out with the action items.

Therese.

Don't forget to pop over to Jen's for other people's quick 7.


No comments:

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.