Monday, October 24, 2011

Smart Martha Monday.

Today I took Christopher and Joseph over to the church for some prayer time in front of the blessed sacrament and Christopher found a novena prayer to St. Martha.

I was struck by the fact that I have been doing these posts for a long long time and haven't once thought about asking St. Martha to intercede for me. I am going to make an effort to remember to ask her for her prayers each time I post a new Smart Martha Monday post.

So from last week:

1) Go to pray at the church for one hour on my own.


I did this on Thursday. I am going to make Thursdays between 4-5 my time for prayer at the church every week. It fits in well with all the other after school activities. 


2) cut out my new dress.


Not done. I decided it was more important to go through the boys room so put my sewing aside. 


3) Get onto skype and talk with some friends


I had a chat with Cathy on Wednesday night. It was great. Hoping to get on more this week. 


4) Go to bed each night by 10.30.


Didn't do. I had a couple of later nights since I needed to check boys sugar levels and Joseph needed eye drops 4 times a day for conjunctivitis. I usually gave him his eye drops at midnight. 


5) Go out with Steve for coffee date.


Didn't go out but had some take away with just Joseph on Friday so I did spend some time alone with him. 


This week I want to do the following:


1) We need a new improved diet. I always notice when we are eating lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and less processed food that the boys sugars are much much easier to manage. I want to do a new menu plan that has more vegetable based main meals. Just about everyone likes eggplant parmigiana. I want to get a few more meals like this that we can eat regularly. If you have any suggestions please post them in the comments. 


2) Declutter something. Since starting the boys room over the weekend, I have the buy. I think I need to declutter our bedroom. Especially our walk in robe. 


3) Take Christopher and Joseph to mass each day. 


4) 1 Holy hour. 


5) Paper work. I really need to go through all our paper work and get it up to date. There are some things that I need to fill in and post off that have been sitting there for a long time. 


Pop over the Therese from Musings of a Mom who also joins in Smart Martha Monday. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I've been planning meals now for a few weeks and we are eating so much healthier! I'm trying to keep the grocery bill down, so we've been enjoying more meatless dishes. If you want to look at the recipes, you can see them here: http://theswisscook.blogspot.com/

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.