Monday, October 31, 2011

Smart Martha Monday.

My list from last week is all complete. (Well, nearly).

1) We need a new improved diet. I always notice when we are eating lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and less processed food that the boys sugars are much much easier to manage. I want to do a new menu plan that has more vegetable based main meals. Just about everyone likes eggplant parmigiana. I want to get a few more meals like this that we can eat regularly. If you have any suggestions please post them in the comments. 

Done. I have made up a couple of new menu plans that incorporate a lot more vegetables into our diet. I am noticing the difference especially with Christopher's bsl. 


2) Declutter something. Since starting the boys room over the weekend, I have the buy. I think I need to declutter our bedroom. Especially our walk in robe. 

I didn't do our bedroom or walk in robe but I did get all the paper work up to date and that is a kind of de cluttering. This week I will hopefully do our walk in robe.

3) Take Christopher and Joseph to mass each day. 

Done.

4) 1 Holy hour. 


Done.

5) Paper work. I really need to go through all our paper work and get it up to date. There are some things that I need to fill in and post off that have been sitting there for a long time. 


Done.


My list this week:

1) De clutter our walk in robe. 

2) 1 holy hour. 

3) Take Joseph for his fitting for some splints. He needs to have a splint to help relax his muscles. One of the problems caused by the stroke is Joseph constantly keeps his leg muscles tense. He needs to be fitted with a AFO to help his muscle relax. Tomorrow morning I will take him and have him fitted. Not sure when we will have the splints. 

4) Keep up with washing. 

5) clean out one kitchen cupboard/draw. 

Therese from Musings of a Mom also joins in Smart Martha Monday. Pop over to her blog and see what she is up to this week. 

3 comments:

Regan said...

Hi Therese,

Something that I have found that helps with my bsl is incorporating legumes. Lentils do an incredible job of leveling things out. I think I have also had success with any of the dried beans I've ever used. For some reason, I don't have as much success with canned beans I've bought from the grocery store. But, I cannot recommend the lentils highly enough.

Also, our eldest had AFO's for a couple of years. It seems like she had hers back fairly quickly. They weren't a big deal at all. It was amazing how much they steadied her when she was learning to walk. They even brought her right toes in. She was out-toeing on that foot quite a bit.

God bless you!

Unknown said...

I actually cleaned my WIR out last week- looks amazing- now to tackle the rest of the house!

Alexandra said...

I hadn't realized that Joseph had a stroke. A MRI is probably a very good idea. At least you'll know how things are healing. At this young age, children's brains are so elastic, and easier for them to compensate for damage. I would have liked to have one for my son with his extreme speech delay when he was little. Prayers offered up.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.