Saturday, January 10, 2009

7 quick take.

Head over to Jen's for other quick 7.

---1---

I really need to clean up our bedroom today. My sewing table is a dumping place when the children and Steve are cleaning up. I think when I get it cleaned up I will put a note above it saying:

This bench is for mum's sewing. It is not a dumping place. Anything dumped here will be dumped in the garbage bin. Maybe that will stop them from dumping.

---2---

We have ripe eggplant and lots of tomatoes. What is a girl to make with so many? Eggplant parmigiana. I put the eggplant in flour, egg and milk mix and then breadcrumbs. We cook them in a frying pan. The tomatoes are cut up and cooked with onions, tomato paste and spices. Put the fried eggplant in a casserole dish, pour the tomato sauce over and put melted cheese on top. When the cheese is melted it is ready and really yummy.

---3---

We have about two weeks of holidays left. I have a long list of things I want to sew before the holidays are finished.

---4---

This week Tom will be 9. We will go bowling and out for lunch to celebrate.

---5---

This week I did my 700 post. I wonder when I will get to my 1000?

---6---

I am thinking that Amelia may need to study a different saint for her RE this year. There just isn't any information around about St. Veronica. I am thinking of St. Elizabeth Seton because I know of a couple of books about her that Amelia will enjoy.

---7---

Last night I took 5 of our 7 to see Bedtime stories. I didn't really want to take them. It was a great movie and I was glad I went.

Therese

2 comments:

Laura said...

I like knowing that people still go bowling. I used to love it even though I am not very good.
It's a great group activity.

Vicki said...

Ripe eggplant - YUMMY! Check out Father Leo's Food for the Soul for a great eggplant recipe.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.