Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lots of Sewing!!!!!!!!!!

Brigette is becoming quite a sewer.

She wanted to make two bags for her two friends from school. Most of the patterns I had were too complex and I knew that if the bag took her too long, she would give up and not finish them.

We searched the internet for some free patterns but all of them had something wrong with them. Then we found one that was too small. I thought, I can use that as a guide and make the bag bigger so printed off the pattern and made it bigger.

Finally, I had something that was acceptable.

I made the first bag up for her since we had changed so many things, to make sure the bag was going to work. She did the second one. She received most of the instructions from me in bed. My sewing corner is in our room so that made it much easier.

I wish my camera was back so that I could take a photo of one of them but it isn't. Brigette has also made a baby blanket and two sleeping bags for the baby. She wants to make some overalls too. I am really impressed with all that she has done. Maybe she will have the same addiction as me when she is older.

When I get the camera back, I will post pictures of the baby gear that she has made.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

It's lovely when they get some of your passion for sewing and creating. So nice to pass the skills on too.
I look forward to see the results.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see the pictures! i loved the feeling i got when my daughters used to love knitting. they don't anymore, but perhaps one day they'll pick it up again. :)

Good work, Brigette!

Kym-Anne said...

How wonderful!!

All those skills she is learning now will help her all throughout her life and she will always think back "Mum taught me that"

Simone had no desire to learn any homemaking skills when she was younger.

But since she has moved out she has realised maybe Mum does have domestic wisdom about running a home :)

Katidids said...

I agree with Tracy, it's a gift itself when they share a crafting love. Way to go Bridget! Can't wait for photos...but look out for a sewing machine takeover! LOL

Shelly said...

looking forward to seeing those pictures.

i'm glad you're taking it easy and hope you're back on your feet feeling great before Christmas!

Michele said...

good for her! she takes after her mom:D

Shirley said...

Hope you are feeling better. Bless your daughter , it seems that you are raising her right. Keep up the good work, you are truly fulfilling your vocation- God knew what He was doing when He made you a mom!

Jamie Jo said...

Can't wait to see what she's done! I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help when my girls want to sew...

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.