Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ho hum.

Well after the easter holidays and lots of take away I have come up in weight again. I thought I would be around 70 but it is 72kg. I go in cycles. I work really hard at eating well for a couple of weeks. I get down to 68 and then I don't watch what I eat so much. It is frustrating that it takes only half as long to put the weight on as it does to loose it.

So I have a new resolve. I really want to get my fitness up so I am going to do running. One of the girls at dcf did a couch to 5km running programe and I am going to try this one too. Tomorrow is pay day so I will go down and get a good pair of running shoes. I will also buy a stopwatch. So my exercise routine will be walking on Mondays and Thursdays and running on Sunday Tues and Friday. Saturday and Wednesday will be my days of.

As well as the exercise I will be looking at our diet. We really don't eat enough vegetables in this house so I am looking for new ways to eat them that the aren't so bland or plain. Any suggestions most welcome.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I try to make veggies are main dish and the meat the side dish. Having salad at one meal a day also helps. Having pre cut veggies for snack helps too. Good luck. I keep telling myself I should do the couch to 5k program too.

Dawn said...

A good recommendation is eating cups of veggies and ounces of protein. It sounds like a lot, but is a good way to portion your meals.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.