Friday, September 09, 2011

Quick 7.



Thanks so much to Jen from Conversion Diary for hosting 7 Quick Takes each week. Be sure to drop over and see what others are writing about.

-1-

My mother is all settled in assisted living now. It has been a long month for my brother sister and I getting it all organised but we are finally there.

-2-

This week Tom and Amelia's school had wheelies day. Everyone had to take something to the school on wheels. Tom took some roller skates and Amelia took a scooter. Christopher, Joseph and I went over for the last hour and there was a huge obstacle course for the children to ride laps around. Christopher had a go on Amelia's scooter. Tom didn't want to ride the roller skates but had a go on the scooter as well. I spoke with Amelia's teacher and he said she has settled in really well.

-3-

The school also had dress up today. Tom went dressed as a Mexican and Amelia went as a Chinese girl. Here is a photo of them both.

-4-

I have a new favourite meal. Chicken Fried Rice.  Go and try it. I highly recommend it and I am sure we will be eating it regularly.

-5-

Tomorrow Amelia plays in the grand final for netball. She is very excited. They will play Shamrocks. We hope they will win but runner up is pretty good too.

-6-

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the amount of followers from my dashboard? I have a bit of love and hate to it. I find I get worried when someone stops following me and wonder if I have offended someone. I really hope though that if anyone were offended that they would let me know.

-7-

I have been enjoying playing Words With Friends from Facebook. I love scrabble and have learnt quite a few strategies for the game. Paramedic Girl from Salve Regina is a champ at this game. I am yet to beat her but at least she isn't doubling my score any more. 



8 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a busy week!

Marilyn said...

I can't imagine you offending anyone. I had a quick look on google but can't see how to remove them, sorry!

Vicky said...

It sounds like Amelia and Tom are having a lot of fun, at school, Therese. My eldest, Megan, is a student teacher, at the moment, and, yesterday, they had Pirates Day - the teachers hired costumes and had a ball!

I don't know about the followers button, Therese. I think the sidebar is useful for linking to favourite blogs but I don't know whether you can change the followers:)

Vicky said...

I've just tagged you for the homeschooling resources meme, Therese. I hope that's okay- I'd love to see your thoughts:)

Anonymous said...

I love words with friends! I'll play you! :)

Elisa said...

That chicken fried rice looks so delicious. Did you put it all those sauces including the oyster sauce? I don't even know where I'd find that. But I would definitely try it. I don't think you can remove the number of followers without removing the box completely. What I used to do, when I would pay too much attention to the numbers is just move it down to the bottom of the blog for a while, until I forgot all about it.

Therese said...

Elisa,

I did put all the sauces in. I found oyster sauce in the isle with soy sauce, chilli sauce and all the marinades. I have no idea if they stock your supermarkets the same way they stock ours.

I do have the followers button on the bottom of my blog. I wanted to try and remove it from my dashboard.

Elisa said...

Oh, ok..I don't see the followers # on my dashboard since I have updated to the new interface. When you go to your dashboard...does it have an aption there to update to the new dashboard? If you do, it's so much nicer and the follower # is on there, but it's not on the main page. Anyways, sorry if this is too confusing. If you update it, and don't like it, you can always switch back.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.