Sunday, June 03, 2012

Weekend Wrap up.

We have had a busy weekend here. Friday night, the children were invited to a birthday party so since they were gone from 6.00 till 8.00, Steve and I went out for tea. We went to the Golden Pearl Chinese Restaurant. I had garlic prawn, Steve had beef curry and we shared a large special fried rice. The food was great and we enjoyed our time alone. 

Saturday, I took Madeline, Brigette and Tom to Whyalla to get fabric for Tom's confirmation. I will post photos when all the sewing is done. For now, I have the patterns to share that I will be making for Tom and I. 

Tom's shirt: Kwik sew 2974. I have a red, white and black check and we will do the long sleeve one. 



Tom's pants: Kwik sew 2544. I have black corduroy for this. I will do view b. 


Tom's jacket: Kwik sew 3136. This will also be done in black corduroy. 


My dress: kwik sew 3559. I will make it a bit longer than they have it in this though. I have white velvet for it :


Today I have been busy getting patterns traced ready for cutting out. I have two weeks to get these all done. 

I also bought fabric to make Christopher and Joseph shirts but I really doubt I will be able to get them done by Tom's confirmation.  Maybe by the end of June I can have theirs done. 

I hope you all had a great weekend. 

Therese. 



6 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow! You're a fast sewer, Therese - looking forward to seeing the photos:-)

I've just tagged you for the HEEE HEEE Meme. I hope you are able to join in (don't worry if you can't - I can see that you have a busy couple of weeks ahead). It should be fun.

God bless, Therese :-)

Unknown said...

You are such a wonderful seamstress! I am sure he will look very dashing!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Your dress pattern look like the dress made from it will be very comfortable. Sounds like you had a lovely date! Have a grand week! Cathy

Mary N. said...

Don't you just love it when kids get invited to birthday parties? Lol. Good luck with your sewing projects. The dress pattern is pretty!

Therese said...

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the tag Vicky but I suspect I am a bit like you. You know, being one of the serious members of the unruly group of bloggers lol.

Deanne,

Thanks for the compliment. I really hope he looks great.

Cathy,

I love velvet.So comfortable to wear and warm. Since it is winter here, I will need the warm.

Mary,

We do love birthday parties when children are invited and we just have to drop them off and pick them up. Steve and I actually manage to get out quite a bit on our own though having older teenagers to look after our younger ones. This is one of the perks of having a large family.

Kelly Casanova said...

Happy sewing! I hope you get lots done :)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.