Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friday Funnies.

A little early this week. I won't be online much tomorrow so decided to post this joke tonight. Have a great Friday everyone.

Rewiring

Because our former small-town parish was not a wealthy one, our pastor was dependent on parishioners for upkeep and maintenance of the church.

Once he asked my husband, Sam, to rewire the confessionals. The only way to reach the wiring was to enter the attic above the altar and crawl over the ceiling by balancing on the rafters.

Concerned for my husband's safety, I waited in a pew.

Unbeknownst to me, some parishioners were congregating in the vestibule. They paid little attention to me, probably assuming I was praying.

Worried about my husband, I looked up toward the ceiling and yelled, "Sam, Sam, are you up there? Did you make it okay?"

There was quite an outburst from the vestibule when Sam's hearty voice echoed down, "Yes, I made it up here just fine!"

6 comments:

Michele said...

:)

AnchorMama said...

Therese, that is just so funny! I wish I could have seen the reactions of those other parishioners.

paramedicgirl said...

Too funny!!! That's a story you can tell your grandchildren (when you get them)

Therese said...

I pray we will get them one day.

Anonymous said...

LOL Therese. I am feeling so tired that I needed a good laugh. Thanks for that:)..

God bless you:)

Marie

Therese said...

sorry to hear your feeling tired Marie. I hope you are over your flu. Many prayers.

Therese

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.