Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday: Mothers Rule of Life.

This week will be the first week that I have made the changes that I will be able to see how it goes. The first week of my new rule I had the children home on Friday and invited friends over. It was a big mistake to put so much into one day. I have learnt my lesson. Last week we had the trip to Adelaide and that made the week a bit harder too.

I have to confess though that because I don't have any extras to schedule in this week that I didn't do everything I should have today. I spent about a hour on the computer this morning rather than washing the floors in Tom and Amelias room and our room. I am going to go and wash them after this because I don't want to start the day tomorrow already behind. I also am suppose to be going to a meeting at the school but I think I am going to give it a miss.

My rule generally goes like this:

Before School:
Pray the rosary
go for a walk (three days a week)
Get the children up
prepare breakfast and eat.
pack school lunch boxes
pack Toms diabetic bag
brush Amelia's hair
dress Christopher
take the children to school.

9am to 3pm
Go to Mass
clean kitchen from breakfast
clean lounge dining room
make our bed
make Tom, Amelia's and Christopher's beds

Morning tea.

Cleaning job (I have a different job for each day)
bring in washing, fold and put away.

Pray the Angelus and another rosary

prepare lunch, eat lunch and start preparation for tea.
Go to school for Tom's injection

The afternoon is spent doing cooking or sewing until 3.00 except for Friday wich is spent food shopping.

Pray the divine mercy chaplet and then get the children from school.

After school:
listen to Amelia read
listen to Tom read.
check Tom's spelling
help Tom, Amelia and Christopher clean up their room
update Tom's bsl diary
Coffee break with Steve
finish preparing tea
eat tea

After tea the children all have jobs they have to do.

I go on computer and then check that they have done their jobs adequately.

At 7.30 we have family prayer then Tom, Amelia and Christopher go to their bedroom and read. Steve and I generally pray another rosary or just spend time talking about our days or any concerns.

At 8.30 the light goes out in the little childrens bedroom and I go on computer or read or sew.

I go to bed at 9.30 (well that is my aim but often it is later). If I get to bed at that time I can get up early and have a nice quiet house to pray in each morning.

7 comments:

Michele said...

my daughter is grown and lives on her own. my day is less hectic. my schedule is not really a schedule at all. it is rather laid back. (health reasons) mon-sun, coffee on in morning. news, and breakfast.

midday: prayers. Divine Mercy Chaplet. prayers.

Sundays: attending the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, and fasting before it. lunch then my usual prayers. I do most of my housecleaning during the evening when frank is home because i need help to do it.

Michele said...

oh yes, and the Holy Rosary!!!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hi Therese,

Happy 1st Birthday to your blog, too! I'll have to keep checking in on your rule and see how it's going. I've read the book and have a few things (mostly in the "1st P" category) that work really well for me, some of the others...well, still a work in progress!

God Bless,
Jane

Therese said...

Marilena,

I think that praying the Rosary has helped me get everything on track. I am sorry to hear that you have some health issues. I will pray for you.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your good wishes.

I think we all are a work in progress. As much as I try to stick to this schedule just about every week there is something that doesn't get done.

Therese

Unknown said...

Best wishes.. I sure need to get back on track too. Those months when I had my mother's rule implemented were the most relaxed, organized months of my life!

xxxxxx said...

According to your schedule, I would be limp from exhaustion at 10 AM.

Is your secret identity Wonder Woman? Come on, confess...

Therese said...

Well I sometimes cannot even get out of bed in the mornings Diana. I have missed two walks already this week but we have had a couple of bad nights sleep with the baby. Also my afternoons are fairly laid back except for Friday. I have a cooking day on Saturday and we are trying to make Sunday more family orientated.

Anyway at 10.30 I have a coffee and pick up before the dreaded cleaning job and washing. I really hate Tuesdays because cleaning the bathroom is my most hated job.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.