Monday, December 01, 2008

5mart Martha Monday.

So it is time again for 5mart Martha.

My 5 from last week was quite a disaster. I don't think I did all 5 decades of a rosary once. :::red face goes here:::

I read a bit of Audrey every night. I think it is too deep a book to read quickly and I read it just before we turn the light out so I am pretty tired so I don't read a lot of it. I will continue to read a bit more each night this week.

Tom's and Christopher's shirts are finished (except I need to put the buttons and button holes on Christophers. I have done 90% of Tom's shorts. I am happy with my progress on them both though. The shorts are a bit harder than I thought they would be.

I didn't mark Tom and Amelia's spelling and Math's each day. I think I did it on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday though so 3/5 isn't too bad.

The children's chores were all checked (not every day) but often enough that I knew if they were slacking off and they have kept up with the work load pretty well.

I have also thought a bit about 5mart Martha and what it really means. To me it is more about getting our house organised enough that even though there are 20000 things to do, they are doable because of the level of organisation.

There are several rooms in our house that need to be more organised. The kitchen could do with a really big de junking and clearing out. I won't be able to do it in one week though so I need to set myself little tasks to do each week.

I also need to go though our children's clothes again and send clothes they don't need to St. Vinnies.

So my 5 for this week are:

1. clean out my baking cupboard and make it easy to see everything I need.
2. Sought through Tom and Christopher's clothes.
3. I want to bake a heap of muffins and freeze them.
4. Finish the boys shorts and make Madeline's graduation dress.
5. Get up by 7am each morning and pray before going online.

If you want to post 5 things you want to do for the week, put your name and blog post in the Mr. Linky Link below.

Therese

2 comments:

Soutenus said...

I am enjoying visits to your blog!

Would you be willing to share the code for your side bar Advent Wreath?
My email:
peggycortezatyahoodotcom

Or come on by my blog and leave it as a comment?

Thanks and Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese

Put up the outfits on your blog when you have finished so we can have a look.

Karnak

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.