Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A great day.

Today the weather was quite a bit warmer.

Steve and I started the day with Mass and then went Christmas shopping. It is rare for us to get to Mass without children and it was really nice to sit there in the quite before without a toddler whispering in our ears.

We completed most of our Christmas shopping with a hour and were back home by 10.30.

I spent most of the day cooking and sewing. I have started the Christmas cake (that I should have done a month ago) and I helped Amelia sew a pair of 3/4 pants for her to wear Christmas day. I will do her top tomorrow. Brigette's dress only needs the zip and Madeline is making her own dress. Once I have done Amelia's top, I will start the boys Christmas shirts. This is the best thing about holidays. I can get so much more done. When Christmas is over, I am going to sew a heap of summer clothes for Tom and Christopher. Everything they have seems too short or too raggedy.

We have hired Mario Galaxy from the video shop and the boys have been playing it a lot. I have had a couple of goes at it and I really like this game. Maybe we will buy it after Christmas.

I hope you all have/had a good Wednesday.

Therese

5 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Have every intention of getting the Christmas cards done tody. Have never been this late in getting them out...Needed Simon (computer). He was sick and held all the addresses...You, too, hae a grand day! Cathy

Unknown said...

My boys love mario Galaxy!

Warm, huh? It is 10 (F) here...supposed to get 13 inches of snow Thursday night...

Vicki said...

Therese, I'm so glad you had a good Wednesday, and I hope the rest of your week goes well too. It's great to be sitting here having my morning coffee and planning my day ahead while I read about yours. Happy sewing!

Michele said...

not warm yet here therese! -22 for awhile yet to come! total of over 2 feet of now. and -30 to 40 windchills! brrrr!

Shirley said...

How wonderful that you and your husband can go to a weekday Mass together.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.