Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year.



As 2008 comes to an end, I thought it would be good to look back over the year.

Home schooling has been good and I love doing it. I feel I am getting to know my children better and have a different relationship with them compared to before home schooling.

I have meet many good friends through blogging and really appreciate them all even though I haven't meet them in real life.

I have had a refuge here that I know at a click of a couple of buttons and posts I can have people praying around the world for me and my family needs. Thanks so much for all the people that prayed for my dad, Tom and all our family needs.

My dad is hanging onto life. It is hard to watch someone die of Alzheimer's disease but we are glad to have him here still.

Even though the pump company promised me we would have Tom's new pump by 5.00 pm last night, we are still waiting for it. I tried to ring them last night and find out why we didn't have it but they had left for the day. I am phoning them this morning first thing when they open.

One of the hardest parts of our year was the loss of baby Matthew. We were very excited to be expecting again and felt very blessed by God at the news. When he died, we were heartbroken. Still the prayers of everyone here helped us through and we are comforted with the knowledge that Matthew will never suffer and will always have complete happiness. Matthew was due on our wedding anniversary so we will remember him especially on these days and ask him to pray for us.

I am looking forward to 2009 and to getting to know other bloggers better. Thank you all for your friendship over 2008.

God bless
Therese

9 comments:

yofed said...

Happy New year to you too! It was a pleasure to get to read you in the past little while... all that because of two Amelias who love to go barefoot! ;)

I really hope 2009 brings you lots of joy!

Nancy said...

Therese...I only wish I had started blogging sooner so that I could have met you sooner!
By the way....Dan and I have been discussing homeschooling this next school year (2009/2010). I've always wanted to make the leap....I'm a little scared though. One of these days I'd love to pick your brain about it!

Therese said...

Nancy,

You are most welcome to pick my brain about home schooling any time. My email is on My profile page

Feel free to email me anytime about homeschooling. It is frightening at first but I believe it is the best decision we ever made for our children.

Therese

Tania said...

Happy New Year to you and your lovely family, Therese.

I have got one step closer to dropping the h/s books off to you, they are now in the car. Had good intentions of doing so yesterday, but once again my plans were foiled. Busy time of year.

Tania

Sarah - Kala said...

Therese - it has been my pleasure to get to know you most recently. You and your blog speak lovingly of the Faith and Family - Hope! Thank you for your prayers, for letting us pray with you and for you, for sharing your life and allowing us to share ours with you. May God richly bless you and yours in the coming year and may Our Lady keep you under her most loving mantle.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!!
We've really only just started to get to know each other, Therese, but I'm so grateful for blogging because it helps to build a picture of the lives of new friends...may your 2009 be extra blessed, and I hope we get to know each other much better next year!

Therese said...

ditto Jenny. It is great to get to know you better.

EC Gefroh said...

Happy New Year Therese! I forgot you are a day ahead.

Shirley said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope that Tom stays healthy throughout the year, and Happy Birthday to Daniel and a belated Happy Birthday to Adrienne!(Love that name)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.