Saturday, December 27, 2008

My week.

The week leading up to Christmas was hectic. I stopped blogging on Saturday night because I knew I needed to devote more time to prayer and to getting everything finished.

I managed to get all our cooking done and the youngest 5 all had a new outfit sewn. I was going to take a photo of them all and put it up but my camera broke. I am going to buy a new one though so will take a photo of them all in their Christmas clothes hopefully.

On Monday afternoon, I left with the girls, Tom and Christopher to go to Adelaide. We had a good trip down and stayed with my girlfriend Di and her family. The next morning I packed them all up and took them to the hospital for Tom's appointment. We changed some settings on his pump and his sugars were really good until the pump malfunctioned on Thursday morning. More on that later though.

Steve arrived on Tuesday afternoon with the older two boys and we went visiting. We were able to catch up with Brigette's Godmother, Christopher's Godmother and Amelia's Godparents. Inbetween we went out for tea at Red Rooster. It was a fun afternoon and evening.

On Wednesday we slept in a bit and then after breakfast we took the children down to Glenelg for a visit to The Beach house. After two hours of fun sliding down the slides, going on the bumper boats and playing the arcade games we went to Charlie's in Brighton for lunch. Wednesday Evening we went and visited some old friends that we haven't seen since Daniel was a baby.

Thursday was Christmas day and the children woke early to open their presents. After breakfast they all went for a swim in the pool. It was while they were at the pool that Tom's pump malfunctioned. It started alarming and saying button error. I got on the phone straight away to Tom's endocrinologist and then to Medtronic. We tried a couple of different things to get the pump going again but were unable to get it working. Fortunately, I had some lantus insulin with us so we put Tom back onto multiple daily injections. (MDI) We are still waiting on Medtronic to get back in touch with us about the pump and what we can do about it. The rep from Australia won't be working until Monday so I am hoping we will have a new pump on Tuesday. I think when we get the new one or have this one fixed, I will really appreciate the fact that we have a pump and the great control we usually have with it.

We spent Christmas day with my family for lunch and then went to Steves cousins for tea. It was a long day but enjoyable.

Yesterday we left Adelaide and called in at Tom's Godparents on the way home. We haven't seen them for a few years so it was great to catch up over lunch. We got back to Port Augusta about 5.00pm.

I am looking forward now to the rest of our school holidays. I will start planning Tom and Amelia's curriculum for next year soon and get some more sewing done. Steve is painting the front window and door and will paint the roof during the holidays. We decided we still want the charcoal black roof and we are going to put some vents and spinners in to draw the heat out.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Therese

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With the exception of the pump, sounds like a great week! Merry Christmas!

Jennifer in TX said...

Merry 3rd day of Christmas, Therese! What a joyful holiday you are having! Prayers!

LuisLiviaLuisa said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009!

I invite you to listen a special Christmas episode of my podcast “Levántate y Sal a Caminar”

28 minutes of Christmas carols in many languages, meditations and more…

Jesus loves you.

Luisa Veyan S.
You can listen it in: http://levantateysalacaminar.podomatic.com/

Nancy said...

Therese....glad you had a wonderful holiday! I hope you're going to post about next year's curriculum....I will begin homeschooling soon and I'm always interested in what others are doing!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.