Saturday, December 13, 2008

7 Quick Take.

Jen is hosting the 7 quick take every Friday

Here are my 7.

1.

The Christmas holidays started this week. Brigette finished school on Wednesday so Tom and Amelia finished their home school then too.

2.

Tom is still having high blood sugar levels. He has gone up 2 kg (around 4 pound) since going on the pump and probably needs more insulin. I have been talking with his endocrinologist everyday on the phone. Our phone bill is going to be huge.

3.

I am not ready for Christmas. I need to get my butt into action. I need to get the family Christmas cake made, The Christmas Cake recipe I am using can be found at Mum 6 Kids blog

4.

We are looking to buy a new freezer. I am hoping to start freezing muffins as well as our main meals and I want one that I don't have to pull everything out to see what is in the bottom.

5.

I really like all the different weekly meme's that are around. I am going to take part in the Womens day book more often. I also will start taking part in Home School Weekly when school starts next year. I am taking a break from the 5mart Martha Monday for a couple of weeks until school goes back.

6.

Today we are buying the children new summer shoes. The weather here is a bit colder than usual and we have had a lot of rain so it seems a bit insane to be buying them now but need to buy them when they fit in the budget.

7.

I have been thinking about decreasing the labels I have for my posts. I looked down the list of them this week and just cannot believe how many different ones I have so I will look into combining some or changing some labels so that they fit in a bit better.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We have an upright freezer, and I just love it!

Therese said...

Hey Therese,

Any special features you think we should get or any you have that you don't think are all that good?

Tania said...

Hi Therese,

We have two freezers, an upright and a chest. The upright one is the best because it is a lot easier to find and organise things. I cleaned out our chest freezer the other day and found a garbage bag full of stuff I had forgotten was in there.

Good luck with your choice.

I have an award for you to collect on my blog.

Tania

Tania said...

Hi Therese,

I have passed another award on you. Hope you don't mind.

Tania

Tea Time With Melody said...

Hi Therese,

Summer shoes would be hard to find here in the winter but I agree with you, buy off season beause it is most always cheaper!

Shirley said...

We just got a dump of snow, so it's hard to imagine summer at your place! I'd love to have an upright freezer too. Blessings to Tom and I'll pray for him at Mass today. That little boy has so many people praying for him, I hope his brothers and sisters don't mind! So I'll pray for all of your family today!

Therese said...

Thanks Shirley for praying for Tom. I am sure his brothers and sisters don't mind. We really are grateful to the whole blogging community for all the prayers.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I still have lots of Christmas things to do, but I made a dent in shopping yesterday. I hope it's a productive weekend!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.