Saturday, December 20, 2008

Quick 7.

1.

Daniel was our first baby. When I first got pregnant his due date according to my cycle was the 20th of December. (today). When I had the scan the due date was moved to the 28th. It was very disappointing at the time but what can one do. He wasn't born until New Years Day. On Christmas day, I said to my husband, maybe a New Years baby would be nice. I regretted saying that for the rest of the week but it is nice to have a new years baby.

2.

We are in our second week of holidays and I love that they started two weeks before Christmas. Usually, it is only a week or so. I kept on thinking I was behind in my preparation because they were all home but I am realizing now that I am right on track.

3.

I have finished Amelia's and Brigette's Christmas outfits. Brigette's was a quick one. Madeline found a dress that she started for herself a couple of Christmases ago that was more than half done. I finished it off for Brigette in a couple of hours.

4.

Today I will finish off our Christmas cake. I have had the fruit soaking for a while now. It is the first time I have made a traditional Christmas cake so I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

5.

Because we have 7 children and they cannot afford to buy presents for every sibling, we do a Kris Kindel draw. They draw a name out of a hat and buy for that person. They keep it a secret from each other who they are buying for. They all get excited and want to buy straight away but in our house there are many snoopers. If we have the presents too early, they guess who has who and see the presents. Today and on Monday I will take them individually to get their Kris Kindel present.

6.

Tom's blood sugar levels seem to have finally settled down and I think we finally have the right basal rate of insulin worked out. I am seeing his endocrinologist next week so I am hoping things go well over the weekend.

7.

I have such a good husband. Every morning he brings me a cup of coffee in bed. It is great to wake up too.

Visit Jennifer for more quick 7.

6 comments:

Juli said...

We have a New Year's baby,too! She was due Dec. 31st. She is the only one that has made it to their due date, let alone four hours past. She will be five this year.

Therese said...

Juli,

Sarah at another day of Catholic Pondering's daughter will be 4 on New Years day. She is just a year behind you.

regan said...

interesting.....your quick 7....i am curious about your Christmas cake....i have always wanted to make one. it is like a fruitcake, right? good luck and let me know how it turns out! =)
i have a recipe for one in my advent book, maybe i'll try one next year.

Therese said...

Hi Regan,

Here is a link to the Christmas cake I made. It is a fruit cake.

Therese

Herd Momma said...

Blessings to you all. Try to post a picture of the kids in their Christmas outfits. In January when your back online.
Merry Christmas. Hugs and Kisses from the Herd in Texas!

Laura said...

I would love to know what is in your Christmas cake. Is is like a fruit cake?
I tried to make figgy pudding last year....not so great.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.