Saturday, July 18, 2009

7 Quick Takes


--1--

Holidays.

This coming Monday school starts again. I have really enjoyed the holidays but I really would like them to go for another week.

--2--

Christopher.

This term Christopher starts full time kindy. Here in Australia children can have 4 kindy sessions a week that are 2 hours and 45 minutes long. There is morning sessions and afternoon sessions. With home schooling it would be much better for our time table to send Christopher in the morning but because he has his insulin dose in the morning he is more likely to have a hypo then than the afternoon so we have opted for the afternoon sessions for him.

---3--

Home school time table.

Since Christopher will be in kindy in the afternoon we are having a change of program. I will do religion, reading and an extra subject in the morning and we will do spelling, maths and literacy in the afternoon while Christopher is at kindy.

Our extra subjects are science, cooking and sewing, sports, history and geography.

I really hope that this change goes well but worry about Tom and Amelia's adjustment to it. Prayers for a smooth transition to the new timetable would be appreciated.

--4--

Cooking day.

Today I am cooking up some main meals to freeze for the month. I haven't done a big cook since I last posted on here about it.

--5--

Holy Father.

Pope Benedict has had a fall while on holidays and broken his wrist. I hope you are feeling better soon Holy Father and that you are not in too much pain. Praying for a fast recovery.

--6--

Early morning.

Today Sam was on the open shift at work. His alarm didn't go off and we got a call at 5.08. (He was suppose to be at work at 5.00). Steve got up and I looked at the clock. As soon as I saw the time I knew who was on the phone. Steve stayed up and took Sam to work. I was pretty wide awake too by this time so I got up early too.

--7--

Bathroom.

Steve is just putting the finishing touches on the bathroom. I haven't taken many photos because my rechargable batteries seem to be just about dead. We have had them for a while and I think they are just running out. I bought some new ones yesterday so I will post a couple of photos later.

I am really proud of Steve and the work he has done.

Our next renovation will be the family room. I cannot wait to start on that.

Pop over to Jennifer's for other quick 7.

4 comments:

Laura said...

If you do decide to do a BIG COOK again, I hope you will post about it.
I am in awe of the whole ritual.

Unknown said...

Prayers for the transition!

I would love to do a big cook as well before the baby comes, but Andy is saying there is no need...

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hope all goes well with your new school term...It's so hard to get in the groove for me when things change...takes me about a week! Cathy

Katidids said...

Hmmm, I like the big cook idea! I used to cook 2-3 x the amount needed and freeze the extra meals...it sure was nice on the days where, well you know the days where you meet yourself comming & going! LOL Our Isaiah starts kindy this year,...where did the time go!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.