Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pump Problems.

I think I know why Tom got so sick last week now. Yesterday his pump started scrolling and we couldn't enter any details into it. I also think that the insulin stopped being delivered because by morning tea time his sugar was up at 29.6 (522). When I couldn't enter any details I got on the phone to medtronic straight away. They promised me that we would get a new pump by 8.00pm last night.

I then rang Tom's endocrine team at the WCH and we worked out a plan for management until the pump arrived.

At lunch time I got another call from medtronic and they told me the pump would not be here till today because we were too far from Adelaide. The girl thought that we were close enough to Adelaide to have a delivery that night but it wasn't.

It took till tea time last night to get Tom's sugars into range but he had excellent levels overnight and has woken up this morning at 5.3. (95)

The pump should be here by 10.30 and I will get help from Adelaide in programing it as soon as it arrives. We should be able to attach it straight away.

Therese

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Therese, I'm so glad you figured out what was causing the problem.

Jeanne said...

Good to know that it's not likely to happen again soon.

Therese said...

Thanks Tracy and Jeanne,

Pump has arrived and we have set the settings. Hopefully now high sugar levels are behind us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
I'm glad that you worked out what the problem was. Hopefully, it will be all fixed now.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Praying Tom has better luck with this pump. That must have been very very frightening!!! My best! Cathy

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.