Friday, October 14, 2011

Quick 7.


Thanks so much to Jen from Conversion Diary for hosting 7 quick takes each Friday.

-1-

Our car hunt continues. We have driven a Hyundai Getz, a Mitsubishi Colt and a Mazda 2. Steve and I both like the Mazda 2 the most. 

There isn't that many of them for sale second hand and the ones that do come up seem overpriced to us.

We are not in any hurry to buy a new one so we will keep our eyes open for a second hand one and save a bit more. Maybe at the end of the year we will have enough that we can buy a new one. 

-2-

Today Steve turns 45. He and I went out for a coffee tonight to celebrate. Joseph got to come along since he had a three hour sleep this afternoon. 

-3-

School starts again on Monday. 4th term only has 9 weeks.  Christopher and I will be doing a lot of one on one work this term. 

-4-

For his therapy, Joseph's physio said a tricycle would be good to help strengthen his legs. I have been looking around for a good one that is not plastic. Yesterday I came across one on Ebay that was the right price and bought it. It will be a Christmas present for him probably since he has a scooter that we can use until then. 

-5-

On Sunday Steve and I are having a joint birthday party. It would have been good to have it in the middle of the holidays but Tom was on diabetes camp so we couldn't. I am still looking forward to having our family and friends over. 

-6-

Tomorrow Steve and I are driving over to Whyalla to help Daniel pack up. He will be working his last day with One Steel on Tuesday and moving to Adelaide. 

He has applied to study teaching in Adelaide and will be working at Hungry Jacks while studying. 

-7-

Why we are in Whyalla, I will be visiting Spotlight and spending some of my birthday  money. I am going to get some linen fabric for a summer dress and a couple of patterns. 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the tricycle!
Have a wonderful birthday party tomorrow!

Vicky said...

Therese, I've just passed onto you a stylish blogger award. I love reading your posts - I hope you are happy to accept the award:)

Therese said...

Thanks Deanne. I think he will enjoy riding it around our yard.

Thanks for the award Vicky. I am glad you like reading my blog. I love reading yours too.

Erin said...

Re 4: We bought a tricycle at Big W in July put out by Razor (same co. as the scooters). Designed for 18mths-3yrs, nice and low and easy to pedal, ds 3 rides very fast up and down the hall.
happy B'day Steve

Therese said...

Erin, we looked at our local big W but they didn't have any tricycles for a child under three. They seem to be very limited here in what they have in stock.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.