Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August.

Well it is three weeks since I last updated my blog. I have had a few ideas of things to post about but just really didn't want to blog.

I also had a think about just giving up blogging for good but after praying about it and talking with Steve I have decided it is something I want to continue doing.

So what has been happening in our house in August.

At the beginning of August, Brigette picked up some bug. She was feeling unwell for a few days and I decided to do a fasting blood sugar level. When we tested her, it was high for fasting so I took her down to be tested for type one diabetes antibodies. I prayed and hoped that it would come back negative and it did. I was so relieved.

Christopher has started a second block of speech therapy this month too. We have had three sessions and will continue till the end of school term. Next term he will have a third block. It will be the last one at our community health centre since in 2013 Christopher will be starting school. DECS will probably provide some support for him at school with his speech therapy so it won't be the end of it by any means.

Joseph has been doing physio also during August. His block was suppose to finish at the end of July but the physio decided to continue since the botox has warn off. We will have our last session next week and then he will have a break from the sessions but I will continue doing exercises with him each day. He is getting a new AFO since his leg has grown. I have been looking around for long socks to put under it in summer. I suspect that one of the reasons he hated wearing it when he first had it was because it made him so hot. I need to find him some cotton or silk socks to wear under it.

I finally finished of our bedroom curtains this month. Now I am getting excited about doing some sewing for summer. We have had some beautiful sunny days here and I am hoping the weather will really warm up soon.

Next week I will be taking Tom to Adelaide to get a new pump. He will be getting the Medtronic Veo. This is the same as the one he already has but has more features. Christopher is already on the Veo so I know all the features. This week, I received a new meter for Christopher from Medtronic that communicates with the veo. Tomorrow we will get the strips for it and I will set up his pump and meter to communicate with each other. I am looking forward to having this. It will mean I won't have to go looking around his bed each night for his pump to enter the information myself.


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my, no wonder you haven't had time to blog, my friend. So glad you're continuing. I like knowing what is happening in your life.

Unknown said...

sounds like the new equipment will be much better!

Therese said...

Jeanne, yes lots happening but my lack of blgging was more about not feeling like it. I seem to go through phases where I just get sick of it.

Deanne, Christopher started using the new meter that connects to the pump yesterday. It works really well.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.