Sunday, June 23, 2013

2 more leaving the nest.

Today Sam and Madeline have gone to Adelaide to look at houses to rent. They are hoping to get a house with Daniel so the three of them will be living together. The plan is to move down there in 3 weeks.

Sam is planing to work at Hungry Jacks still and Madeline is too. She is also going to be studying  fashion design part time at TAFE.  Sam says he wants to do some study but he isn't sure what he wants to do yet.

Over the years our family has changed so many times. Each time has brought challenges and blessings. Our last big change was Daniel moving out and Joseph being born. Joseph was born a week before Daniel moved to Whyalla. I missed Daniel when he first moved but I am very proud of the great young man he has become. I am sure I will miss Sam and Madeline too but I am confident they are going to grow and mature in the same way Daniel has.

Life will be a little bit quieter around here. I think we will  notice Sam and Madeline absence more so than when Daniel moved since there is two of them going. Looking forward to the change and having things a bit quieter though.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

exciting for them, but big adjustments for you!

Fr John Speekman said...

It must be strange when kids leave the home - less noise and stress but less kids. I hope you adjust quickly and that they come back every now and then.

Tania said...

It is a strange feeling going from a full house to an emptier house Therese :) I wish Sam and Maddy all the best in Adelaide and I am sure they will be fine and grow into beautiful young people.

~hugs~to you

xx

Sherry said...

Hugs and how exciting!

Kalona said...

Prayers for their adjustment in Adelaide, and prayers for all of you at home. Love.

Erin said...

Therese
Big change for your family indeed. And yes you do notice the absence of no 2 (and 3) even more so than 2. Your family will seem so small!
It is wonderful though that the three of them will be renting together! That will be a blessing for all. Oh hugs as you adjust{{}} I've been thinking of you alot lately{{}}

Michele said...

since I only have one child, I don't know what that is like. my daughter was raised by my mom, and when she left, my mom, who had previously raised 10 children, was a veteran at it already. so, it wasn't hard on her at all.

I can say though, iam proud of the woman my daughter has become, and she is 30.

Vicki said...

Oh, I'm sure you will miss them tremendously, but it is wonderful that they can be together!

EC Gefroh said...

Must be sad but exciting too! God bless!

Therese said...

Hi Everyone,

I am excited about the change but know I will really miss them both. I was very happy that they decided to all live together. Big changes for us all.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.