Sunday, January 26, 2014

23 years ago today.


Exchanging rings 23 years ago. 
Amelia did a reading. 
Renewing our vows. 

Today Steve and I celebrated 23 years of marriage. It has been quite a ride but I am thankful for everything we have been through together and there is no other person I would rather have by my side to travel through with. 

Our parish priests came over this afternoon and we had a small ceremony. Amelia read from 1st letter to the Corinthians, we renewed our marriage vows and Fr. Paul blessed our ring with Holy water. 

I look back on that first picture and just remember how blessed I felt. I really was glad Steve had chosen me to be his wife and that he and I would spend the rest of our lives together. 

We have had some difficulties but never have I regretted my decision to accept Steve's proposal. With every storm we have travelled through, we have become closer and more committed to each other. 

I am so thankful that we have had the church to guide us and tell us what is right and wrong. I honestly don't believe our marriage would be half of what it is today without the teachings and God's grace from all the sacraments.


12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Well DONE!!! Cathy

Deanne said...

Congratulations!

Kelly Casanova said...

Marriage is indeed such a beautiful sacrament, with God at the head to lead us. Congratulations to you both.

Lola said...

Congratulations!

I remember when my dh and I were meeting with Fr. J, he said something which your anniversary reminds me. " When two people enter Holy matrimony, the whole world is blessed."

God Bless you and Steve and all your children!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. May God bless you and your family always.

Best wishes.

Victor S E Moubarak

Michele said...

Happy anniversary, Therese, and Steve! May God continue to bless you, and your family for years to come! :) Therese, you look so beautiful! :)

Allison said...

Beautiful, THerese! God bless your anniversary and marriage!

Jean Heimann said...

Happy Anniversary, Therese and Steve! May you have many more years together and may God continue to bless you and your family!

You make a beautiful couple! ♥

Unknown said...

So nice to see both of you get stronger for 23 years that had been past.

Cuisinart Coffee Maker

Therese said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and good wishes. Steve and I feel very blessed to have had all these years together. We hope for many more.

Easter Almuena said...

Congratulations, Therese and Steve! How proud I am of you!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.